lowrance x135

mercman

Paul it is an indication that the transducer has sent out a signal and not received or understood the reflection.With a soft rag with soap and water wash the face of the transducer. Check that the transducer is level with the boat and facing 90 degrees while sitting in the water. Clean the contacts between the transducer and the monitor unit. You also might notice that you lose the bottom when you are traveling at a faster speed if that is the case then the transducer needs to be moved to a new location. The final thing is when it starts flashing see if it is a consistent number it flashes in rare cases I have seen were the head unit has a glitch and need to be refreshed from the download site of lowrance.

Art

THANKS GUYS. THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. I CHANGED THE POSITION LAST NITE AS I HAD DONE THE NEWBIE THING OF PLACING IT TOO CLOSE TO THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE BOTTOM. I HATE DRILLING HOLES IN MY BOAT. THANKS GOD FOR GOOD MARINE EPOXI, AND THE SMALL DIAMETER OF THE HOLES. WILL TAKE HER OUT ON FRIDAY AND LET YOU KNOW.