Night Tournament Results from Friday

Friday night the Barrie Bassmasters had our first and hopefully annual Night Tournament on Lake Couchiching.

We fished from 8pm to 2am

Having never fished at night before with the exception of twice for walleye about 6 years ago, I had no idea what to expect and didnt bother to pre-fish for a small fun tournament. It was a random draw tournament and I got drawn with my dad which was cool.

I decided to spend my hour and a half of light fishing for a big largemouth bite in the heavy cover. That didnt pan out for us. So we went to fish a bunch of feeding flats that I like in the late afternoon and early evenings.

We managed 6 bites all night and landed 5 of them. We got 2 fish on jitterbugs :D and 3 on straight black senkos. We weighed 13 pounds and placed 2nd. 1st place had just over 16lbs and they said they caught all of them in a 20 minute span in one location the size of their boat on black tubes.

I had a lot of fun and I really hope to do it again, heck maybe I'll head out tonight!

39664_453386273091_502843091_6172427_6958364_n.jpg

Edited by steverowbotham

Great stuff Steve. Was more amazing is that you showed up (on time!) for the Jr. tournament on Sunday morning on just a couple of hours sleep! Thanks again for helping them out by volunteering your time.

Cheers!

2nd? cool, bass at night can be a blast! Just my feeling on it? on some lakes with a lot of boat traffic I think they move off of some areas when the boat traffic starts and don`t really get comfortable feeding on those spots until after the boat traffic has died down.