Gibson River

NAW

I'm going camping with a bunch of my wife's friends for the next long weekend. They go to the same place every year, and have been for the past 10 years or so. It's on the Gibson River (from what I can tell), about 3 rapids away from G-Bay. Seeing as I've never been there before, and i will be in a canoe, I don't think I can make it out on to G-Bay. I think I'll be stuck in the river for the weekend..

I was just wondering if anyone has fished this area before. I would love a pickerel, roasted over a camp fire :good:

Any tips on the eyes in this area would be more then appreciated!

Any tips that would make me look like a pro walleye angler in front of my wives friends, Priceless!

Thanks,

Edited by F-is-H

I'm going camping with a bunch of my wife's friends for the next long weekend. They go to the same place every year, and have been for the past 10 years or so. It's on the Gibson River (from what I can tell), about 3 rapids away from G-Bay. Seeing as I've never been there before, and i will be in a canoe, I don't think I can make it out on to G-Bay. I think I'll be stuck in the river for the weekend..

I was just wondering if anyone has fished this area before. I would love a pickerel, roasted over a camp fire :good:

Any tips on the eyes in this area would be more then appreciated!

Any tips that would make me look like a pro walleye angler in front of my wives friends, Priceless!

I

Thanks,

often fish lake gibson and the river. River has good pike and largemouth. Lake has crappie, walleye, pike, smallies and largies.

come out of river into a small lake keep going through another small riverish turn left and fish the north east side of lake.

ive camped on the river right off the highway.. lol FREEEEE! :)

caught some really good sized pike, the walters come in at night a little bit aswell. we did a little bit of cliff diving there aswell, rather awesome little piece of heaven. btw if you catch a nokia cell its mine LOL!

Thanks for the input guys.

Gibson Lake is on a reserve, and I'm not sure about the fishing laws there. We are going to be way down the river, closer to G-Bay. I will definitly look into the regs before I go out though.

Thanks for the location Cudz, I'll try there on our way in to the camp. I think we have to padle by there coming in and out. Nothing funner then catching a monster gator in a canoe loaded up with camping gear!

Edited by F-is-H

Guest Johnny Bass

Is there a launch? My friend once told me he seen Salmon in there! PM me if there is. Thanks!

Edited by Johnny Bass