Crank Bait rods

bassjnkie

Dan I picked up a Shimano Compre TC4 series crank bait rod specifically for lipless cranks and I love it. The TC4 are the crankbait series made of a blend of graphite/glass.I picked up the 7' 8-17lb 1/4-3/4 oz medium power medium/fast action baitcaster. For around $125 bucks you get a great rod and your not breaking the bank.Check them out you won't be disappointed. Hope this helped Rob

Edited by Alumacraft

on the less expensive side I bought a BPS cranking stick 7' telescopic baitcasting rod when they were clearing them out a while back. Think I paid $40US + shipping. I figured it was for a one time application. I still use that as my crankbait rod. Has great balance and fast action for 8-17 lb test. Have boated a lot of bass and walleye on it and it stood up fine to big gators in northern manitoba.

I had picked up various 6'6" and didn't care for the feel of the shorter rods. With the 7' I was very pleasantly surprised!

If money is a concern, go Avid (Which I have 1 for sale :)

If money is not a concern, cant go wrong with GLX or Steeze.

But no matter what, Compre $125 is way too expensive. Adding ten dollars could be Avid or at least Crucial level.

Anyway, never buy a rod that refuses to claim a life-time warranty.

Edited by James

check out the quantum Tour KVD cranking rods. there are 6 different models i believe. awesome rods, great action, designed by KVD. they have a life time warrenty and quantum is the easiest and best place i have ever dealt with for warrenty issues.

I recently picked up a Shimano crankin rod for pretty cheap, it's a 7'0 ML-Fast Bob Izumi series. Its around $70 new but I found one for $25 still in the wrap so I had to get it!Gonna spool up my new Citica with some 10 lb mono and try it out on Sunday, I'll tell ya how it goes!

-Ben

Guest Johnny Bass

I second the Shimano Compre series TC4. I have a medium heavy action rod with a medium fast tip and it is a really good crankbait rod.

How much you looking to spend?

Edited by Johnny Bass

I have a 7' Loomis Crankbait rod that I love , expensive but it is my favorite rod of all.

Alot of the times when I am missing fish on hooksets Ill pull it out to slow myself down a hair and my hooking percentage goes way up.