Lowrance HDS and Navionics hotmaps

scugpg

Picked up a hotmaps chip on the weekend and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with how slow the HDS units are with the chip.

I'm running the latest software.

Anyone else notice this and/or have a fix to speed things up?

Pretty frustrating....I'm thinking of trading my HDS for an LCX unit...the only thing I find better on the HDS units is the screen resolution so far.

Picked up a hotmaps chip on the weekend and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with how slow the HDS units are with the chip.

I'm running the latest software.

Anyone else notice this and/or have a fix to speed things up?

Pretty frustrating....I'm thinking of trading my HDS for an LCX unit...the only thing I find better on the HDS units is the screen resolution so far.

I'm not having that problem. My cards come up instantly even the 3D mode. Give Lowrance a call. They have walked me through a ton of stuff lately and the customer service is amazing. I even had them walk me through some GPS stuff last week while on Rice. I noticed it makes a difference which slot you put them into as well, it should be marked for the faster one.

I'm not having that problem. My cards come up instantly even the 3D mode. Give Lowrance a call. They have walked me through a ton of stuff lately and the customer service is amazing. I even had them walk me through some GPS stuff last week while on Rice. I noticed it makes a difference which slot you put them into as well, it should be marked for the faster one.

Thanks smallie...I'll give them a shout.

He stated he has the latest update. Most likely something small. I have had several small issues and when I call Lawren or Mike at Lowrance they fix it over the phone in no time, even while on the water. It will read slow if you put it into the mmsc slot. If you put it into the Plus slot reader it reads super fast

I'm with ya on the LMX units. However I have started to become pretty good on these and now would not give them up. I even have the Sirrus weather module on them now. Its amazing. Dont give up man they are amazing, the clarity and definition is amazing. Well worth the moula. Go online and order the Don Samson video or the Bennett marine one. You will be a pro on them before you know it.

He stated he has the latest update. Most likely something small. I have had several small issues and when I call Lawren or Mike at Lowrance they fix it over the phone in no time, even while on the water. It will read slow if you put it into the mmsc slot. If you put it into the Plus slot reader it reads super fast

I only have 1 slot on mine....hmm HDS-8 would be nice maybe Jos will let me trade straight up B)

Plus slot reader ? is that the second slot on the 8 and 10

5 and 7 only have one

I re-flashed the latest software onto it and the Navionics seems much snappier. Thanks everyone.

Smallie - if you have the platinum chip are you able to post a few pics of what it looks like? Very curious to see what is has.

I'm just now learning how to do screen shots. Once I get this figured out next week I will start to do that maybe. I will try and post stuff on here with the support of the mods of course. I will even start to do the recording of the stuff as well. Lol. :worthy::worthy:

I have the platinum chip for my HDS5 but so far I have only been out on Nipissing and it is not one of the high def lakes. I am still figuring mine out. I have seen a few vids on youtube but I'll maybe order a better one

Last time I was out I had the screen split in 3 and was all displaying the same thing. Got that figured out but was a real piss off.