Lowrance HDS Networking

mbac31

I have 2 HDS 10 Models on the boat. I need to try and place a switch to turn off the LSS-1 Strusture scan unit. I dont want it on during certain times of fishing. Just wondering if anyone here has it done. I want to hook it up so that it has a switch to both units and the ability to be turned off from front and back. I have the Nema network all ready installed with various stuff. That does not affect this LSS-1 from what I can gather. I have both Units connected with the Ethernet cables into the LSS-1 module. Wondering if this needs to be re done or can it be done this way. Not wanting both units to power on when one is fired up along with the LSS-1. It seems to be draining my batteries while in use more then I want. Hoping for pictures if someone here has it done.

Second: I was wondering if I can hook my I Pilot Terrova into my Transducers to read the LSS-1 or the current Transducer on the Trolling motor.

When did fishing get so complicated. LOl.

Edited by smalliefisher

LMAO.. I'm not good with words. I was wondering if this can be done but with a switch for both units. I want one in the front and one in the dash. So does that mean the yellow has to be extended in sequence to the front one as well and if so how do you wire it like that on the same wire. It would work like a 2 way switch which imo would not work. Can I run a double wire from both switches and not back from the main run to keep them seperate. Hope that makes sense. Jeebus now I'm confused

Edited by smalliefisher

Second: I was wondering if I can hook my I Pilot Terrova into my Transducers to read the LSS-1 or the current Transducer on the Trolling motor.

When did fishing get so complicated. LOl.

You can get an adapter to plug into your Terrova for the Lowrance but not sure if Lowrance has a "transducer switch" to toggle back and forth.

In my experience the US2 doesn't work as well as the Lowrance transducers. Unfortunately its a PITA to rig a Lowrance ducer on the bottom of the Terrova. Can be done though.