Fishing for Bass in the wind

splashhopper

Thank goodness for the internet. When I got to one of my favourite places to fish for bass, the wind was blowing a good 30-35k from the SW. Slight chop on the water and I am wondering how I am gonna keep the canoe in line for fishing the shores. Good thing I always have my Blackberry with me. Lol checked a couple of sites and not only found out how I was gonna control the canoe(tied a 2gallon pale to the tail to slow the drift) but I also saw a tip or two for fishing the windy conditions. Well, it paid off! I had the lake all to my self until 7pm tonite(started at 8:30 am). Got a dozen decent bass and one with an MNR tag in it too.It was a great day(pics tomorrow when I get home) out there "meditating with the fish about stuff and thins" lol. I am sleepin in the van tonite and gonna try to add some inches to our team(one) with some pike on a river that is known to have some monsters in it tomorrow mornin. I figured I may as well stay in the van as my university daughter and her friends are having a sleep over and I just don't need those visions in my head tonite. Lol. See ya all tomorrow and good luck out there. Splashhopper

average size Large Mouth for the windy day

windysmallie1.jpg

Caught that one off the boat launch on my favorite top water frog( Scum Frog)

Average size smallie yesterday :whistling:

WindySMbass.jpg

And for spinnerbaitking, the one I caught with a tag in it.

taggedLMBass.jpg

(Clinton MNR # 0146 or possibly 01456 - the print was too small and i don;t carry my reading glasses fishing .. lol) Length was 15"

Edited by splashhopper