Lebron to Miami

jedimaster

Gretzky didn't orchestrate that. Even if he did, it was to say 'goodbye.' Lebron and Wade and Bosch went on a "Look At Me" tour. I hope Miami doesn't sign any other players because these 3 can obviously do it all themselves.

Actually, it was JUST Bosh that went on a self promotional tour via Twitter. LeBron didn't say a word about his free agency until a day or two ago. As far as Wade goes, not a SINGLE word from him, throughout the free agency period, pure class.

And yes, Gretzky did orchestrate that publicity stunt. LeBron was just announcing his " hello " .

That show last night was the reslut of a 25 year old kid with a bad idea. Sorry, but that whole thing was disgusting. Tried to get into the NBA for a few years now and last night did it.

I'm checking out.

Didn't he donate like 5 Million to charity from the advertising $$ from last night's interview?

Actually, it was JUST Bosh that went on a self promotional tour via Twitter. LeBron didn't say a word about his free agency until a day or two ago. As far as Wade goes, not a SINGLE word from him, throughout the free agency period, pure class.

And yes, Gretzky did orchestrate that publicity stunt. LeBron was just announcing his " hello " .

Bosh not only went on a promotional tour via Twitter, he hosted morning radio shows in Miami and New York. He did SQUAT on the FAN 590 while he was in Toronto. Lebron goes national with a show about himself on ESPN for an hour! Wade was quiet, I'll give you that.

A gong show from 2 out of the 3 then.

Edited by Mike Pike

I was away all last week but I still heard about this mockery. When I heard that Lebron had a press conference I laughed a little at the ridiculousness of it all. Regardless, as someone who respected Lebron, I knew this decision would go a long way into my opinion on him. By signing with Miami, the way the conducted it, and the way he left Cleveland I can honestly say I am not even remotely a fan of "King James."

Bosh is clearly a wanker and it was air apparently that he was going to be leaving regardless of what Toronto through at him.

I guess we have to pose this question . . . Is an NBA basketball franchise viable in Canada if the good players never actually want to play in Canada? Vince Carter, Tracy McGradey, Chris Bosh, Marcus Camby, countless free agents, and even Damon Stoudamire didn't want to play in Canada. Will this ever work?

So happy this circus is over...however i do think it will work, it worked in Boston and worked in LA so i dont doubt that it will work with Miami. They way LA and Boston did it was with class and not making a mockery of the process and the game...the way Lebron and Bosh acted was sickening...i hope this doesnt work.

Please keep in mind the way Boston "did it." In one off-season they went from NBA worst to NBA powerhouse by signing both Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen when they were at the top of the game (KG arguably still is).

Los Angeles does it somewhat differently, by banking off the stupidity of other teams (AK the teams that passed up on Bynum, and the ridiculous Pao Gasol trade). This is an alright way to do it.