Reel Problems

Ben_Daniels

So I bought a used reel at the fishing show from and just gave it to my dad today for his birthday, looked fine when i bought it but when he spooled some line on it to test it out it seems the break was broken. Its a quantum iron silk IR130. Anyone have any idea how I could fix it?

yeafsa.jpg

Edited by Ben_Daniels

Do you have the manual/ paper that came with the reel ? You could take it apart and try to fix it yourself.

Or call or get a hold of the guy who sold it to you and ask him why he sold you a broken reel. Was it working, did you try it before you bought it ?

Well I bought it used from the Fish On-Tario Boothe with no box, no manual, just the reel for $55. The problem is that the reel is that when you try to adjust the brake spead or whaever its called (The nob on the side by the drag.) which is supposed to put more or less friction on the spool doesnt work, when i turn the nob the line still doesnt come out faster or less fast....

and if i cant fix it myself I'll take it to that store Carp-starter was talking about. thanks Allot! is Aikmens expensive?

Ben,

I used to have the IR40 and I think I know what the issue with the reel. I ran into the same problem with mine but then realized when I took it apart I put it back together with it the bail clicked down. It all went together fine but the drag wouldn't work at all. Try opening it up and putting it back together making sure the bail isn't engaged. Hope this is the problem with it so you don't have to bring it in.

FHR

Edited by FishHeadRic

There ya go, FHR gotchya covered. I've never owned the reel before, nor have I had a problem with the spool tension on my baitcasters, but I was thinking maybe it's a problem with a washer? Maybe a washer is either broken, missing, or put in the wrong way?