positioning my rod holders on my boat - assistance please..

siwash

I am planning to mount two rod holders adjacent to my manual cannon riggers. I plan on using them for different applications such as second rods off the riggers attached with stacker release or copper or lead rods for trolling without riggers. How close should I get to the rigger and would I be better off placing it closer to the transom on the other side of what you see in my picture (it's not yet actually mounted)? Any other suggestions would be most appreciated!

DSC00890.jpg

Edited by swordfish

The way I would do it is mount your riggers off the transom and mount your dippsey rod holders right where your rigger is now.With the riggers mounted off the transome your rigger rods and the bow in the line follows straight back leaving the sides open for deploying your Dippsies.No interference from rigger rods,I know 2 ft riggers won't cause much interferance but it's the 8'-9' rigger sticks that get in the way when trolling.

The way I would do it is mount your riggers off the transom and mount your dippsey rod holders right where your rigger is now.With the riggers mounted off the transome your rigger rods and the bow in the line follows straight back leaving the sides open for deploying your Dippsies.No interference from rigger rods,I know 2 ft riggers won't cause much interferance but it's the 8'-9' rigger sticks that get in the way when trolling.

Thanks, man.. problem is, the riggers are already mounted! The other holder have not been mounted yet. Given that I don't intend to change the riggers' position, where should I mount them?

Thanks!

If you don't want to move the rigger,then I don't know what tell you.If the riggers are in the proper position then mounting and running dipsey rod holders is easy.Take a look at fishmasters set-up, 3 riggers across the transom and 2 sets of tripples on each side, this dude can run 12+ rod spreads.Try them up more forward if you want.......good luck

If you don't want to move the rigger,then I don't know what tell you.If the riggers are in the proper position then mounting and running dipsey rod holders is easy.Take a look at fishmasters set-up, 3 riggers across the transom and 2 sets of tripples on each side, this dude can run 12+ rod spreads.Try them up more forward if you want.......good luck

I don't want to move them b/c I wen through the trouble of cutting hard plastic plates(underneath and on top) and bolting them into a gunwale that is littered with enough holes as it is! I will move the new rodholders up about a foot or more, or I might even try one at the transom and use it as a "down the shoot" set up with either lead or copper!

Thanks