Camping with Good Shore Fishing

GNODDY

Howdy Folks,

Well with the recent addition of a Family Van, My wife and I are planning on doing more camping this year with our little guy who is 6. My question is where can we go and get a nice site that has good fishing from shore or rental canoes. We live in Oshawa and I have fished the Kawarthas for years and we are kind of wanting something new.

Tightlines

Gnoddy

Edited by GNODDY

Have you been to Bass Lake P.P.. It is within 1.5hrs or less from Oshawa, they have canoe rentals and a few places where you can cast from shore. The lake is relatively small and usually very calm, the bass are plentiful and sometimes you can find a bonus crappie.

Other parks that you may want to look into are Sharbot Lake P.P., Silver Lake and Bon Echo, they are about 2.5/3hrs from Oshawa.

Hey bud call me at work, will hook you up with a few spots and you can come with me for open of lakers first sat in june. i go for 3 days great place for the family. plus all the lakers you and your kid want. I think its time to change that pic you have up with two lakers lol would be ok if that pic was of the one that got away lol oh ya thats right you pulled the hooks LOL

I go to Chippawa Camp Sites 2 or 3 times a year near Cumbermere Ont. It has a beautiful beach and you can rent a canoe.There is a small lake called Green Lake right there and its full of bass and pike. The main lake is Kamaniskeg.

Edited by Eddyk

Your best bet is somewhere in the Haliburton region. If you can get one of those Backroad Maps, or do some research on the net, sure you could find some camping available up there. After all, there are 100's of lakes up there. Wish I coulda gave you more specific areas, but I was thinking of doing the same thing as you.