HST Petition If Interested/IMPORTANT

tb4me

Hey Friends,

Please, please sign this petition and send it to everyone you know. Now is not the time to be complacent. If we all get behind this and do our part we can affect change and send a very powerful message to the Premier of Ontario. They've raised the roof out in B.C.and for the life of me I can't understand why they aren't reacting here. Blows my mind. At least B.C isn't adding the HST to gas. You know, the sad thing about this whole situation is that the folks in Ontario won't react until they see the price at the pump jump by 8% on July 1st, as well as their heating bill, hydro bill, water, etc and perhaps **** will hit the fan then, when it's too late. Let's just hope it picks up speed so we're able to sign up 10% so we can hold a referendum. We only have less than 4 weeks until this bill becomes law so you and everyone you know has to sign this petition now and keep it going.

Your support is appreciated -sign the petition and pass it on TODAY!

HST Petition - FYI and action if you choose.

We need signatures of 10% of Ontario 's population to call a referendum, please show your opposition to HST.

British Columbia is protesting every day to stop the HST in their province. Why aren't we? This is not a "done deal" as they'd love for us to believe. Please sign the petition and circulate widely! And forward to your contacts!!!

http://www.hstpetition.com/petition/sign.php

please sign as soon as you can !!!

Hey Friends,

Please, please sign this petition and send it to everyone you know. Now is not the time to be complacent. If we all get behind this and do our part we can affect change and send a very powerful message to the Premier of Ontario. They've raised the roof out in B.C.and for the life of me I can't understand why they aren't reacting here. Blows my mind. At least B.C isn't adding the HST to gas. You know, the sad thing about this whole situation is that the folks in Ontario won't react until they see the price at the pump jump by 8% on July 1st, as well as their heating bill, hydro bill, water, etc and perhaps **** will hit the fan then, when it's too late. Let's just hope it picks up speed so we're able to sign up 10% so we can hold a referendum. We only have less than 4 weeks until this bill becomes law so you and everyone you know has to sign this petition now and keep it going.

Your support is appreciated -sign the petition and pass it on TODAY!

HST Petition - FYI and action if you choose.

We need signatures of 10% of Ontario 's population to call a referendum, please show your opposition to HST.

British Columbia is protesting every day to stop the HST in their province. Why aren't we? This is not a "done deal" as they'd love for us to believe. Please sign the petition and circulate widely! And forward to your contacts!!!

http://www.hstpetition.com/petition/sign.php

please sign as soon as you can !!!

Remember that our provincial govt signed a statement of intent or an agreement of some sort with the feds long ago which essentially said that if the province didn't proceed with this tax as agreed we will lose a lot of money in transfer payments as a penalty. I believe the penalty is something like 4.3 billion dollars. I'm not absolutely certain but it seems to me the cost of not doing it may be as painful as doing it.

Here's a link to one of Ontario's papers with a story -

http://www.emcstittsvillerichmond.ca/20100108/News/HST+becomes+law+in+Ontario+July+1,+2010

Perhaps someone else here has more details and time to explain it better. I have to work on my classwork again.

Looks to me that we haven't a whole lotta choice. We've been painted into a corner without ever knowing we were even painting the floor. This may be a whole new low for elected officials, not only introducing painful legislation but engineering the blackmail to make it happen before it ever goes to the legislature. Sure is an interesting way of gathering voters for the next election.

JF

Remember that our provincial govt signed a statement of intent or an agreement of some sort with the feds long ago which essentially said that if the province didn't proceed with this tax as agreed we will lose a lot of money in transfer payments as a penalty. I believe the penalty is something like 4.3 billion dollars. I'm not absolutely certain but it seems to me the cost of not doing it may be as painful as doing it.

Here's a link to one of Ontario's papers with a story -

http://www.emcstittsvillerichmond.ca/20100108/News/HST+becomes+law+in+Ontario+July+1,+2010

Perhaps someone else here has more details and time to explain it better. I have to work on my classwork again.

Looks to me that we haven't a whole lotta choice. We've been painted into a corner without ever knowing we were even painting the floor. This may be a whole new low for elected officials, not only introducing painful legislation but engineering the blackmail to make it happen before it ever goes to the legislature. Sure is an interesting way of gathering voters for the next election.

JF

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to reduce spending... :dunno:

Signed the petition, but when it comes to money I'm not sure politicians actually care about what we think.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to reduce spending... :dunno:

Signed the petition, but when it comes to money I'm not sure politicians actually care about what we think.

I agree that most (all?) politicians could care less what we think (until just before an election).

As for reducing spending are you talking about politicians? If so, good one. I was ready for a laff tonight. :clapping:

The problem with losing transfer payment money is that it's a big part of what the budget was built on and if a chunk of money like that doesn't come down guess where it has to come from to make up the deficit? It's either by increasing other taxes (just what we need) or making the deficit even bigger (which we need even less).

JF

*sigh* a guy can always hope...

Sorry if I've disillusioned you but after you hit 60+ years it's hard not to be a tad jaundiced towards politicians. Collectively they've raised "public fornication" to an art form.

JF