Kingston-Smith Falls fishing help......

bow slayer

I am leaving in the morning and will have 1.5 days to kill so I am taking some fishing gear. Is there a few lakes in this general area to kill sometime fishing for walleye or pike. I will be mostly fishing from shore but will have a boat on half day. thanks for any info.

45 miles betweem Kingston and Smiths Falls.. and lots of lakes in between!

Can go down Chaffey's Locks road and fish above/below the locks and the fast water along the mill... Some good fishing in the lake below, that is escaping a name for me right now. Opinong or something like that..

Big Rideau at Portland.. launch for boats in the park beside the highway (North Side).. opposite where you turn right/South to Charleson Lake.

Lower Rideau from Rideau Ferry down.. not sure about shore opportunites as it's been years since I played in those waters as a kid.. boating off Boxers Island.

Just about any of the locks roads... fishing above and below the locks.

I am leaving in the morning and will have 1.5 days to kill so I am taking some fishing gear. Is there a few lakes in this general area to kill sometime fishing for walleye or pike. I will be mostly fishing from shore but will have a boat on half day. thanks for any info.

Chaffeys Locks is your best bet, I grew up in that area fishing on the shores and around the locks.

BASS, BASS, and more BASS in that area.

Pike and Walleye also. Mostly Pike.

Scroll to the bottom of this link...

http://www.rideau-info.com/canal/fishinfo.html

It has contact info for a local guide. Not sure if he still does it. But you can email and ask him questions about the area.

Rideau river, Big Rideau Lake is great but best to have a boat..

I used to fish quite a bit on the Rideau river/lake and around the town of Smiths Falls

Try the area before the locks start as you come into Smiths Falls from Kingston highway. Go left at the first fork in the road and you will see an old train bridge to the left. Fish that area.

And at the other end of town going towards Merrickville. Very easy to fish from shore.

I have not fished there in years, but was always catching fish all the time.

Also ask some of the locals (gas stations/chip wagons) along the highway going into Smiths Falls) all local people and I am sure they can point you to some great spots. People who work at Canadian Tire... I bet almost everyone goes fishing who works there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

John

You mean here Bobber..

aug2009l.jpg

HAHA! YEP! That's the one!

Always caught lot's of fish all in that area. You go up in behind there, well long time ago you could.

You can do it from shore, but we use to have a really small boat we would take back in there.

So long ago....

• 2 years later...