Heavy Rain

Bigworm

http://www.grandriver.ca/index/document.cfm?Sec=2&Sub1=6&Sub2=4

I follow this religiously. If I'm wading, I don't hesitate to go when the flow rate is less than 45 m3/s for Caledonia/York area. If the water is much higher, it is hard to keep the jig on bottom. Good luck. The fishing has been excellent this past week.

Hi,

What effect will the heavy rain from last night have on the fishing in the Grand this week. Will it be better or worse?

Thanks,

Mark

Funny the river is low now but still murky here. Mind you I dont ever recall it being "clear"

Maybe in December when all the algae is dead.

Fished last night for a hour or so south of york...water was real low and murky...lot of algae right now. Managed just 2 rock bass.

When I can see bottom in 2-3FOW it is "clear" I'm used to fishing a river that is always brown from sediment so when you guys think its murky it looks crystal clear to me LOL the spot by the dam in paris was very clear and with my polarized glasses could see quite far into the water my home river is still brown.

I hear ya, I've fished in Waterloo a few times and I would never have guessed that it's the same river.

Yeah, it's a much nicer river up here for water quality and clarity. I fish from the Shand to Waterloo often and it really does look like a different river down past Paris.

Yeah, it's a much nicer river up here for water quality and clarity. I fish from the Shand to Waterloo often and it really does look like a different river down past Paris.

Its raining again and my weekend was open for most part and planned fishing the Grand on friday night and sunday. This rain better not mess it up!

Edited by Marko

Let there be rain. I'm in Wyoming all weekend, and I don't think I'll be fishing at all. Rain all weekend please :)

Haha. I'm up North all weekend so a good purge would be perfect for myself. Scrape all the algae out to erie. haha