The "Big Cliff Syndrome"

addymark

Are Pickerel anorexic??

Season opener, thought it would be easy, did some jigging with twister tails... no fish

last weekend, tried the worm harness, jigs and rapalas spent a lot more time. went deep went shallow, night and morning... no fish

this weekend i was determined! Bought some real nice minnows, put in at least 8 hours of prime time fishing... no bloody fish

I want to say I have given up on these guys... but they taste so good!

I have found it very tough this year on Pigeon Lake. Some days you would think that there are no fish in the lake and I have lived on the lake for 26 years. I have caught a few, but felt too guilty to keep any, so back they went.

I have found myself going for panfish, just so I can catch something.

Hang in there, it will happen, sooner or later!

I have found myself going for panfish, just so I can catch something.

Me too Jimmer...as a matter of fact I had Mark at the bait shop order me a 10 foot "Wonderpole" ($9) to use to play with the panfish...I had an old cheap fly reel that I taped on it to hold some line...a big bluegill makes you think you have hooked up with a decent bass...clapping.gif

I will soon be switching over to carp fishing...just bought my corn last week...

Hey Beans

I went out last night and said I wasn't going to fish for panfish, even left that rod back at the dock. I was determined to catch some walleye. I caught 3, but all were under the slot.

They hit a beetle spin trolling in 5' - 6' of water. Didn't see another boat fishing.

Those bluegill are one awesome fight for a little fish, expecially the ones that are over 7".