Places To Try Around North Bay

Black_Blade

I have a 14 foot Sportspal with a 3 HP outboard and just have a minivan. Hoping for some suggestions of places to try...not particular for species- they are all good. Had suggestions to drift along the shoreline of Nipissing, but I imagine that would be tough with just the outboard motor. I live five minutes from Trout Lake, but that is a pretty big lake as well to tackle with a 3 hp when you don't know where to go...lol.

Eh! Black! try hwy 11 North... Like Lk Turcotte and that chain..right by the Tomiko Restaurant.... or even hit up Morrison's pond for some Jumbo's and Splake... how 'bout Marion Lk just north of the 64 turn off..

or you could head to Sturgeon and try the upper river...Lk Tomiko?.. Muskasung in Field... and then there are tons of lakes north of River Valley on Hwy 805 that would suit your needs. All accessible by Canoe and Minivan.

Randy

:canadian:

Try wickstead lake, north of NB on Hwy 11.. just south of Marten river. (east) decent fishing .

McQuaby,Ruth and Wolfe Lake just south of NB. All just off 534.All have good fishing and would be ideal for your sportspal,here is a link to map.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=mcquaby%20lake%20&rlz=1R2ADSA_enCA370&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Edited by bowslayer

I have a 14 foot Sportspal with a 3 HP outboard and just have a minivan. Hoping for some suggestions of places to try...not particular for species- they are all good. Had suggestions to drift along the shoreline of Nipissing, but I imagine that would be tough with just the outboard motor. I live five minutes from Trout Lake, but that is a pretty big lake as well to tackle with a 3 hp when you don't know where to go...lol.

Dang,,, i have the same canoe but only an electric motor... I too will be in North Bay in about 30 days or so.

Also looking to do some fishing for a day or two myself.

Will be "van camping" as well.

Dang,,, i have the same canoe but only an electric motor... I too will be in North Bay in about 30 days or so.

Also looking to do some fishing for a day or two myself.

Will be "van camping" as well.

Edited by Black Blade