6 mile lake marina

koushymama

Can anyone tell me how I can find the contact information of the marina at 6 mile lake??

every search i do on google gives me a six mile lake but im not sure if it's the same one..

is there only ONE AND ONLY one marina??? im looking for the one around white falls road.. going north on 400.. where you can rent a boat and reach the lost channel area and what not..

Can anyone tell me how I can find the contact information of the marina at 6 mile lake??

every search i do on google gives me a six mile lake but im not sure if it's the same one..

is there only ONE AND ONLY one marina??? im looking for the one around white falls road.. going north on 400.. where you can rent a boat and reach the lost channel area and what not..

There are 2 marinas. 6Mile Lake marina down White's rd. and Wauwatosa Trading Post on Crooked bay rd.

Six mile lake marina (705) 756-2228

google maps link

Put the little man on the intersection of Whites Fall road and Vollicks Rd and you can see their sign with phone #

That's one way to do it eh! First time I've seen someone use that google feature for finding phone number.

The other marina is called Hidden Glen Trailer Park & Marina http://www.campgrounds.org/?pageid=133&campground=158

That's not on Six Mile. According to your link, it's in Port Severn, just off Georgian Bay.

There's only two marina's on Six Mile, like Big Ugli said. Six Mile lake Marina (used to be Volicks), and Wawuatosa.

Edited by F-is-H

That's not on Six Mile. According to your link, it's in Port Severn, just off Georgian Bay.

There's only two marina's on Six Mile, like Big Ugli said. Six Mile lake Marina (used to be Volicks), and Wawuatosa.

Sound like there are 3 marinas then.

I found Hidden Glen Trailer Park & Marina using the little man and sign post method using exit 168. Hidden glen is off the 400 on the northwestern end of six mile lake. See sign post here--->little man on the B marker

If you cross check the address in the link for Hidden glen I posted before and google maps then it works out correctly. "On private road exiting off Hwy 400 S, 2 km S of exit 168. 100 seasonal sites, 18 tent sites. Protected harbour on Georgian Bay. Great fishing, marina service, overnight docking. May - Oct, Hosts: Bob & Katie"

I've found the same problem of marina location inaccuracy as the original poster did. So first I found the sign post then cross referenced it with a google search. If you google six mile marina it says its in honey harbour which is also way off the mark.

This show one of the weaknesses of using google maps, namely inaccurate location plotting. I learned to virtually drive to a marina in google maps before my first trip there.edit: just the last part from the exit off the highways lol. I don't actually start the virtual drive form my home parking lot.

Edited by Syn

If you cross check the address in the link for Hidden glen I posted before and google maps then it works out correctly. "On private road exiting off Hwy 400 S, 2 km S of exit 168. 100 seasonal sites, 18 tent sites. Protected harbour on Georgian Bay. Great fishing, marina service, overnight docking. May - Oct, Hosts: Bob & Katie"

It's not on six mile lake :wallbash: Do some more research man..

To get to Hidden Glen Marina, you have to take exit 168, the head back down south on hwy 400 to a private road, only accessable by 400 south. The road is called Hidden Glen road. Look it up.

There are only two marina's on Six mile lake, end of story..

Edited by F-is-H

Guest Johnny Bass

To get to Hidden Glen Marina, you have to take exit 168, the head back down south on hwy 400 to a private road, only accessable by 400 south. The road is called Hidden Glen road. Look it up.

Hidden Glen is a fingerling stretch of Georgian bay. And his prices are crazy stupid. You have to pay to launch AND to park. Even if you are camping there!

Go with six mile marina

You're right. Hidden glen must be on Georgian bay. Sorry Koush I screwed up.

I see where I went wrong and thanks for correcting me F-is-H. :good:

The marina on google maps that is to the east of marker B is a much shorter distance than 4 km. I should not have assumed that marina sign was pointing to that marina. So that marina is Wawuatosa??? Interesting. I'll have to check if they do boat rentals there.

"On private road exiting off Hwy 400 S, 2 km S of exit 168. 100 seasonal sites, 18 tent sites. Protected harbour on Georgian Bay. Great fishing, marina service, overnight docking. May - Oct, Hosts: Bob & Katie"

Reading this more carefully. You can't get to hidden glen by going north on Hwy 400. I'd have to do the loop back southward and then exit on Hidden glen road which is what the 2km is referring to.

edit found this post from last year might have more info for you

http://www.ofncommun...showtopic=34688

Edited by Syn

So that marina is Wawuatosa???

Yep, that’s the one.

Not to sure if they rent boats at the Wawuatosa.

I know they do (or used to) at Six Mile.

If you’re trying to get to Lost Channel, Six mile might be a better idea. It’s a little closer, but not by much.

Both routes have narrows, and shoals to watch out for. They’re well marked on Six Mile though..

Watch out for the poison Ive in Lost Channel!! Gets me every year

There used to be 3 marinas on 6 Mile Lake. The third one was Gerry Bye's place at the end of Crooked Bay rd. Long since closed down.

Before Wauwatosa was built, the Tolles family operated their business on an island.

6 Mile Marina was originally called White's Marina.

There are no fish down at lost channel.

Irishfield put that plastic swimbait lure back in your tackle box. lol cute looking fishie. Looked like an amazing day to go fishing. You caught any pike that day?

Six mile is so close to Gpool. I know there are some good size pike there in Six mile judging from videos I saw online. Gotta be a few muskie.

Edited by Syn

I've never caught a muskie on Six Mile. Been fishing there my entire life.

Maybe the odd one cruising around in there. But I definitely wouldn't go there just looking for Muskies.

Bigugli is right, no fish in lost channel.. Just Poison Ivy, and Rattle Snakes..

Hey Bigugli, you've been around 6 mile for ever, I thought 6 Mile Marina used to be called Volicks back in the day. That's what my Grandpa always calls it anyways?

Edited by F-is-H

I've never caught a muskie on Six Mile. Been fishing there my entire life.

Maybe the odd one cruising around in there. But I definitely wouldn't go there just looking for Muskies.

Bigugli is right, no fish in lost channel.. Just Poison Ivy, and Rattle Snakes..

Hey Bigugli, you've been around 6 mile for ever, I thought 6 Mile Marina used to be called Volicks back in the day. That's what my Grandpa always calls it anyways?

My family were amongst those resident Finns that bought some of the first Crown parcels that came up for sale after the war along the 69. Us younger ones liked to terrorize the neighbourhood. I vaguely remember the name Volicks, might have been bought out in the early days by the White family. My uncle's place was in the bay down from Pastor's point, the cousin had a place by Hungry Bay behind Sori's point

My family was in the small bunch of people as well.

My grandparents where both young kids when their parents bought crown land on the lake. Something like 8 cents a square foot, or something ridiculous like that. My grandpa’s uncle was a surveyor, who was offered Battleship Island, as payment for some work he did. All in all, between my grandparents families, they had something like 15 cottages on the lake, back when there only were about 75 on the entire lake.

They also used to own a few other islands around the lake, a few lots off what is now Steep Rock Rd, and property on either side of the mouth of lost channel (which they dubbed “Woodside Cove”, as they painted it on the rocks in front of the cottage)

Have you read the book Echoes of Six Mile yet? It’s a great book detailing the old days on the lakes. It talks about some of the pioneers of the lake, and all of the family history of the early cottagers up there.

My family was in the small bunch of people as well.

My grandparents where both young kids when their parents bought crown land on the lake. Something like 8 cents a square foot, or something ridiculous like that. My grandpa’s uncle was a surveyor, who was offered Battleship Island, as payment for some work he did. All in all, between my grandparents families, they had something like 15 cottages on the lake, back when there only were about 75 on the entire lake.

They also used to own a few other islands around the lake, a few lots off what is now Steep Rock Rd, and property on either side of the mouth of lost channel (which they dubbed “Woodside Cove”, as they painted it on the rocks in front of the cottage)

Have you read the book Echoes of Six Mile yet? It’s a great book detailing the old days on the lakes. It talks about some of the pioneers of the lake, and all of the family history of the early cottagers up there.

Never knew there was a book about the lake. Used to love paddling up the back reaches of lost channel, or portaging up above the pool and making my way into Tea. Is the little whirpool rapids still there? Used to sit in that natural jacuzzi for hours drinking beers. Ever go sliding down White's Falls?

Couple of early colour photos from on the lake. Would have cost Gram a small fortune back then. There were no fibreglass boats around then.

DSCN3057-1.jpg

DSCN3060-1.jpg

First photo is with my uncle on one of his few leaves from the Bonnie. I was still fishing with that old green boat some 20 years later.

2nd pic is my Grampa sitting out at my uncle johnni's. Still in his Sunday threads.

Sorry for the quality. Taking pics of old pics. The finger printe are probably as old as the photos themselves.

Edited by bigugli