Deer Backstrap Recipies

huntervasili

Hey all... Again I turn to my fellow OFNers and ask of them... This time I am wondering how to cook some deer backstrap... Dont really want to do it the same way I have for the past while and wanna mix it up. I would prefere some sort of Marinade recipe as I would like to grill it sometime tonight... Any help would be appreciated for this ever so important question... Thanks

Bill you simply cannot beat Club House Meat Marinade... it is cheap and comes in little packets.... Perfect for venison... give it a shot! PS there are several variations they produce.. on Venison I like the original or the Mesquite

Let me know what you think..

Gerritt.

My first suggestion to Bill was take some thyme and red wine, put it with the meat in a ziplock and let her soak overnight. That was no good as he wanted to cook it today. So my suggestion was some montreal smoked meat seasoning rubbed on and then wrap the meat in seran wrap and throw in the fridge until he was ready to cook.

I think the most important thing for people to do when preparing meat is to wrap it tight. Keep it away from the air as much as possible. That goes for fish as well, when you catch fish that you want to keep, it's best to wrap the fish right away to keep it away from the air. This is even more so important if you are ever going to get a skin mount of a fish, according to possibly the best taxidermist in Canada.

cd.

The 1st thing I would do is make sure the meat is thawed.

Then..

Soak it in cold water, and sssssssqueeeeze the blood out.

Keep doing this till ya get all the red stuff out.

Meat should take on a grey appearance.

Get out the SLOW COOKER.

Season your Venison to your taste, pepper, salt garlic, etc.

Add some chopped onion, and carrots, maybe a Bay Leaf.

Add enough water to cover up to maybe a third of the contents, not too much.

Set on High fer about 2 hours, then reduce to the LOW setting fer another 3 hours.

Give 'er a gander.

What do you think?

Well... Coreys way seemed to be pretty darn good... except it needed more than 6 mins ont the grill ... grrrrrrr... ended up taking about 9 to get med-med rare (my likeing) tasted great and my friends thinked so too... I guess i am going to have to try out some of these other recipies eh... Darn... Thanks for all the posts and tips