value of boat motor

archer379

I found the boat listed below and am wondering if anyone knows what the motor would be worth i am trying to decide if it would be worth buying it and selling my 1999 70 hp johnson 2 stroke i have contacted the seller and he is asking 6000 for just the motor but if i bought the hole thing switched the motors and then sold the boat. Does any one know anything about these motors.

whats a fair price for the motor?

whats a fair price for my 99 70hp ?

http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-Deck-Boat-19-Ft-Aluminum-W0QQAdIdZ205133625

I found the boat listed below and am wondering if anyone knows what the motor would be worth i am trying to decide if it would be worth buying it and selling my 1999 70 hp johnson 2 stroke i have contacted the seller and he is asking 6000 for just the motor but if i bought the hole thing switched the motors and then sold the boat. Does any one know anything about these motors.

whats a fair price for the motor?

whats a fair price for my 99 70hp ?

http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-Deck-Boat-19-Ft-Aluminum-W0QQAdIdZ205133625

I'd say that $6000.00 for that motor is a very fair price if it's as good as the add says. "bought new in '06" "hardly used".

If your 99 70hp is in great shape, you should get $3200.00-$4000.00? That's my guess. I'm no professional but I've been looking around for boats and motors for a while and just got one excactly what I was looking for.

Edited by trevy727

If your 99 70hp is in great shape, you should get $3200.00-$4000.00? That's my guess. I'm no professional but I've been looking around for boats and motors for a while and just got one excactly what I was looking for.

That may be a bit rich. I have the 2000 model year of the same motor, bought brand new for less than $5000.

I would be surprised if I could sell it right now for more than $2000 or $2500.