Found A Place To Live! NF

solopaddler

Im glad you found a place Mike. Not as glad as you I am sure though.....Attawapiskat here you come!

I dont know anything about that type of furnace but I could get any info that you want about it so let me know, what you need to know lol.

Thanks buddy. It's funny you mention Attawapiskat.

After the deal was finalized my wife called me and expressed some, um, "reservations" that I'm still going on this trip.

I agreed with her, said you know you're right I probably shouldn't go with a June 25th closing.

Told her I'd call the boys tomorrow and let 'em know.

Then she pauses and says, no you really should go, I know it's important to you etc, etc..

Women :rolleyes::lol:

I love my wife. :lol:

The place we bought is in a dead end street just off 20 Rd. Basically the corner of Garth and 20.

Cool, I'm happy for you and your family Mike and you'll be 5 minutes closer to me now, no excuse not to come out and see you once in a while. :)

Hey Solo, the Aquatherm thing posted previously is probably not what you have since that thing would not save energy by pulling heat off the water heater. Besides that technology is thirty years old. I am 99% sure that you have some water lines entering the furnace other than the lines to the water heater. The lines are routed into a pond or some other water source, maybe a well or septic. The system circulates a water/antifreeze mixture and heat is exchanged through an exchanger at the source and at the furnace. The lines to the water heater are actually for helping heat the water in the heater thus reducing your electric consumption further. Considering the governement was giving about $8500 towards new installations this would explain why it is new. My unit is twenty years old And still runs well but new units are 40% more efficient than mine. I figure it costs about $300-400 dollars a month to heat/cool our 3500 sqft plus finished basement year round. Forgot to mention that cooling is done through the same system just in reverse ie warm water is discarded through the exchanger. If you need any other info about these units just ask, I studied the whole situation before the Internet was around.

Hey Solo, the Aquatherm thing posted previously is probably not what you have since that thing would not save energy by pulling heat off the water heater. Besides that technology is thirty years old. I am 99% sure that you have some water lines entering the furnace other than the lines to the water heater. The lines are routed into a pond or some other water source, maybe a well or septic. The system circulates a water/antifreeze mixture and heat is exchanged through an exchanger at the source and at the furnace. The lines to the water heater are actually for helping heat the water in the heater thus reducing your electric consumption further. Considering the governement was giving about $8500 towards new installations this would explain why it is new. My unit is twenty years old And still runs well but new units are 40% more efficient than mine. I figure it costs about $300-400 dollars a month to heat/cool our 3500 sqft plus finished basement year round. Forgot to mention that cooling is done through the same system just in reverse ie warm water is discarded through the exchanger. If you need any other info about these units just ask, I studied the whole situation before the Internet was around.

Thanks for the reply.

My first thought is you have one massive basement LOL!

Don't think you're right though. There's also a less than 1 year old standard air conditioner installed outside this house.

Thanks for the reply.

My first thought is you have one massive basement LOL!

Don't think you're right though. There's also a less than 1 year old standard air conditioner installed outside this house.

Well, I tried. I would get the name of the guys that installed it, and poke them with a few questions, afterall, they will probably service it if it breaks down.

Best of luck.

my boss has a similar set up if not the same and he says it costs a fortune to install but worth it .so i guess you are lucky to have such a system. according to him it is very comfrtable in the summer . it all depends i gues how your windows are located. he says its about 20deg. in the summer and the only draw back is in the colder days in the winter it gets cold and e has electric heaters to assist but for the most part he does not need it.he has a big house by the way and he is around orangevile area.

he said like yours the heating is looped to the central duct system. so i would imagine there would be a kind of fan and rad inside the duct system.

congrats on the new place mike

from what he explained to me, its a closed looped system that the pipes containing the liquid goes underground and picks up temps from the ground which is usualy cooler than above ground in the summer and the reverse in the winter....i think they go at least 6ft down. with regards to heat...my boss's takes water and goes through some kind of gyro thing that spins around loops in high speed and the water heats up and that's where you get the heat from.

Edited by spinnerdoc