disturbing video of the oil slicks in the gulf

aniceguy

Leave it to Bubba Redneck to find a solution:

http://wimp.com/solutionoil/

In all seriousness, why haven't they tried ANYTHING?

I thought they were trying some ideas but perhaps the truth is that their reach has exceeded their grasp here. They've started an action that they can't undo with the resources at hand. IOW, greed has overpowered common sense and concern for our earth again, and in a huge way.

We've laughed off warnings from the treehuggers and egghead scientists for years that we were letting the exploitation of the earth get way out of hand and one day the cost would be irreversible. Perhaps this is one of those doomsday events in action. Perhaps it's time for the common folks to take up the cause. We might have more credibility than the weirdoes.

If nothing else one can only hope that this message is received by the people who may have some influence over these exploiters and we consumers will have the stuff to back them up by giving something up to save the world. I have no idea what that really means but I'll sure be listening more carefully to the next pro-greeny I might otherwise be inclined to laugh off.

How many warnings is it gonna take? Or are we just gonna keep abusing the Earth until it finally quits on us? Perhaps that's what we really deserve anyway.

Is there anyone out there who disagrees? Who votes for allowing big industry and gutless governments to continue to destroy the planet for profits? Who is unwilling to give up any creature comforts for the sake of the planet?

JF

...but I'll sure be listening more carefully to the next pro-greeny I might otherwise be inclined to laugh off.

How many warnings is it gonna take? Or are we just gonna keep abusing the Earth until it finally quits on us? Perhaps that's what we really deserve anyway.

Is there anyone out there who disagrees? Who votes for allowing big industry and gutless governments to continue to destroy the planet for profits? Who is unwilling to give up any creature comforts for the sake of the planet?

JF

You said it man! Can we really go back...no. Not at this point anyways. The friggin planet runs on oil at this point. Whether you wear it or what you wear was made by it, crude is all around us.....and it'll probably be the end of us as well. Wars, environmental devastation, poverty. Its all right there and has been for decades. I imagine it'll only get worse. This simply touches on what can actually go wrong.

I thought they were trying some ideas but perhaps the truth is that their reach has exceeded their grasp here. They've started an action that they can't undo with the resources at hand. IOW, greed has overpowered common sense and concern for our earth again, and in a huge way.

We've laughed off warnings from the treehuggers and egghead scientists for years that we were letting the exploitation of the earth get way out of hand and one day the cost would be irreversible. Perhaps this is one of those doomsday events in action. Perhaps it's time for the common folks to take up the cause. We might have more credibility than the weirdoes.

If nothing else one can only hope that this message is received by the people who may have some influence over these exploiters and we consumers will have the stuff to back them up by giving something up to save the world. I have no idea what that really means but I'll sure be listening more carefully to the next pro-greeny I might otherwise be inclined to laugh off.

JF

WELL -- maybe the treehuggers and Conspiracy nuts were right all along.. they have been warning us about this for YEARS, and many other issues. NO ONE LISTENED --- same as the current financial mess we are in. Iceland, Spain, UK, Greece and soon to be USA-( dont forget Canada is USA largest trading partner)- we have some serious issues we ALL need to deal with, LIKE the NORTH AMERICAN UNION or SPP -- Is it me or are they trying to devalue our standard of living so that we are at par with USA and Mexico...so that we will be pegging for help--then BANG- Amero and NAU. So please do not fall for the most common trick- divide and conquer. Dont fall for fighting one another about these issues- . Maybe - JUST maybe this is the right time to turn this world around and get ALL of our lives back - and take the power back to the people. Or maybe we all can just go back to sleep, and pretend nothing is wrong.

And I know there will be at least one TROLL on here trying to deflect the attention back on my comments. Thats the sad thing------- do your own research people...

http://www.spp.gov/

http://www.spp.gov/myths_vs_facts.asp