Thinking about a new toy.

Roe Bag

Headed for Quinte for a week shortly. I've been thiking about taking along a new toy.

Anybody tried the new Shimano Stradic CI4F? Thinking about puting one on my 7'2" Crucial dropshot rod.

Sucks that there is no spare spool included. Might be enough to give me cause just to go with the regular Stradic or Sustain.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Roe Bag.

Edited by Roe Bag

Headed for Quinte for a week shortly. I've been thiking about taking along a new toy.

Anybody tried the new Shimano Stradic CI4F? Thinking about puting one on my 7'2" Crucial dropshot rod.

Sucks that there is no spare spool included. Might be enough to give me cause just to go with the regular Stradic or Sustain.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Roe Bag.

No spare spool with that one either, eh??!! Shimano has lost business to me because of that in the last two years. That said, my longest lasting reel with no problems has been a Shimano 4000 reel that I use for chucking hardware on Lake Huron piers. Caught so many salmon and bows with it, in the last twenty years, I've lost count.

From what I've heard and read the CI4F is getting rave reviews.

I hear ya. I'm debating as to which reel to match up with a new Spiel custom I'll have soon. I wanted the Ci but then was looking at the Sustain.... not well rated compared to the Stradic MG. I may get that one.

I hear ya on not being impressed with losing the spare spool....I understand it was done to keep the cost lower after they redesigned their spinning reels, not that cool but I can understand it at least....what really pisses me off though is why is it so hard to buy a spare spool...it would be nice if you could walk in, buy your new reel and a second spool at the same time, instead of scouring the internet trying to find a spool....I think this is finally motivation to drop my shimano loyalty and try out some diawa reels....

what really pisses me off though is why is it so hard to buy a spare spool...it would be nice if you could walk in, buy your new reel and a second spool at the same time, instead of scouring the internet trying to find a spool....

Try finding a spare baitcaster spool!

I've picked up two in the last three years of scouring the net. Both were eBay; beat up reels with low bids.

Went shopping today. Spare spools for the Stradic CI4 are on back order until at least July and the dealer couldn't give me a price.

Looked at the Stradic FI and compared it to the Daiwa Advantage. The Advantage was $50 cheaper. Every bit as nice as the Stradic. Spare spool and smoother drag.

Looks like Shimano just lost another customer!