firewood restrictions

waterwolf

i understand the need to contain the spread of the asian beatle and other foreign pests that threaten certain trees. i read and obey .

before i get involved with some local campgrounds i thought i'd ask you guys n' gals what you've heard on bringing processed , kiln-dried wood to camp sites. i have access to awesome 4x4 hardwood in 8 ft lengths at work that would burn for hours.

there is now a global agreement among all the companies that we deal with at work that all wood shipped will be stamped stating that it is kiln-dried and bug free. question is,, can i bring this to campsites to burn , or am i forced to buy those little bags of crap wood for 8 bucks

3 or 4 bags a night gets ridiculous over 4 or more days.

apologies if this has been covered previously

I know nothing of that, however, as you've explained it, you should be good to go. On the other hand, we're dealing with politicians here and when dealing with these "people" logic is usually the first thing to leave the scene. An eight dollar bag of kindling can buy several politicians and at a dime a dozen you could get 960 of the useless human beings that they are.

Hey, even if the wood you'd be using was infested with those nasty critters, you're not there to plant it, you're there to BURN it. You should be given a medal. But no...we're dealing with politicians. Don't get me started.....

I have access to similar wood and when I brought it with me to the park last year, they did not have any issue with it. I explained the wood came from skids/metal shop, they said if it did not come from 'the bush', they were okay with it. I was good to go! Hope this helps and I hope this summer, I get the same intrepretation as I do not enjoy paying the $$$ they ask for wood! Cheers, Remo.

I have access to similar wood and when I brought it with me to the park last year, they did not have any issue with it. I explained the wood came from skids/metal shop, they said if it did not come from 'the bush', they were okay with it. I was good to go! Hope this helps and I hope this summer, I get the same intrepretation as I do not enjoy paying the $$$ they ask for wood! Cheers, Remo.

I was at a campsite last year that banned bringing firewood in with you. And what was in the bags they sold.............offcut from the local lumberyard.......$7;00 a bag

was the campground that MADE you buy their wood a provincial park? any provincial park i've been to has been okay with wood i brought as long as i didnt cut it down myself basically. if it were a private campground it may be just their policy to make a bit more dough.

ryan

a private campground in Kearney is a real ball-buster on the wood allowance ryan , but some conservation areas in the south here are all over this too.it reminds me of the auto insurance trane of thought, by law you have to purchase it to legally drive ,, oh ya , but we charge you whatever we want and the gov't backs 'em up on it. arrrgh!!

In my opinion what you have is not "firewood" it's "lumber"

Unless the park has a restriction that you buy anything you burn from them then there should be no problem with any bug issue.

I transport kiln dried wood across the border all the time and there are no restrictions. they are concerned with firewood that has bark on it.

Didn't the asian long horn beetle get to North America in skids? Lumber can spread insects too. I think kiln dried would be okay; but how do enforce that when the would is already cut into one foot lengths.

I do my camping in Algonquin; I have always been told that I cannot have would from the GTA. Fire wood purchased from someone local to your camp site should be legal.

Actually Powder Post beetles will infest dry wood.

We don't get them up here but southern ontario can.

If you see wood that looks like it has been hit with a shotgun blast and there are little piles of flour under it...you have troubles.