Rainy Day - A Real bad Start - NF

Leecher

When the sun is shinning everything's fine.... but when it rains..... all hell brakes loose :wallbash:

Just can't believe how this day is unfolding so far :blink:

When I got up this morning, it was pouring rain out and the wind was gusting pretty hard. Went down stairs to start a pot of coffee and went to the relief room.... started to hear dripping sound hitting metal coming from the outside, actually I thought it was from the inner wall..... thought to myself.... this is not normal.

Checked through the kitchen window and water was coming over the rain gutter :wallbash: Thought to myself.... OK the drain from the gutter is clogged.... no problems, when the rain stops, I'll just try to unglogg it.

Then it hit me.... if the water is coming over the gutter's edge and it's dripping along the outside wall and onto the hydro meter.... better check the basement for some leaks....

Rush down to the basement to check it..... wrong wordwater made it's way inside :angry:

So I went upstairs to get paper towel and laid it along the wall where the water made it's way and proceed to think of a plan to unclog the gutter's drain.... Don't own a ladder long enough to reach it so I rigged an old fishing rod with a hook at the end and see if I could manage to remove some debris..... I managed to remove a piece of tree branch that was jammed between the gutter's end and the wall..... once removed.... water that was trapped started to gush out even more..... now here I'm thinking, well that's a smart move Einstein :dunno:

This is where the water was coming out and where I removed the twig. You can see that there some little debris stuck to the vinyl

DSC03986.jpg

It was still raining while I was doing that and got a little wet from it :angry: My next attempt would be from the upstairs bathroom window but had to wait for the rain to stop..... so as soon as it stopped, went at it..... to my surprise, the gutter's drain was clogged with pigeon droppings :blink: actually the whole gutter was littered with it :angry:

I remove the screen from the upstairs bathroom window and opened it.... with the rod, poked the drain hole and after a few tries was successful :rolleyes: Was i ever happy to see the water finally drain by itsef..... now when that was all said and done, I looked over to the other end of the roof and this is what I see

DSC03987.jpg

Not sure where this is coming from but how many times do you check the roof for this kind of stuff..... to tell you the truth I never check that but may be I should of :o

Here's another shot and you can see the pigeon droppings all over the roof

DSC03988.jpg

Here you can see the bottom of the gutter and it's real disgusting

DSC03989.jpg

So this is the way my day unfolded so far and I'm not one bit happy about it.... actually I'm peeved right off :devil:

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

srry to say this jaques but your roof is all rotten to nithing.

under those shingles all you pressed wood has nothing left to it.

1- do not step on it. or you will go thru.

2- removed FINISHED shingles.

3- change rotton pressed wood.

4- lay down new plywood .

5- lay down new shingles.

6- extend that gutter that is drainning on your roof straight in the other gutter. so that no rain water does not hit your small roof.

7- cry because this is a 500$ + job

be sure to add ice and water shield, as well as drip edge under you're shingles.I would also extend the upper downspout to the lower gutter, and add an elbow at the end, to prevent this from happening in the future. Seems as though the lower gutter does not have enough slope toward the drain, as it is holding quite a bit of water.

:worthy:

be sure to add ice and water shield, as well as drip edge under you're shingles.I would also extend the upper downspout to the lower gutter, and add an elbow at the end, to prevent this from happening in the future. Seems as though the lower gutter does not have enough slope toward the drain, as it is holding quite a bit of water.

exelent advice!

add another 100$ jaques so thats 600$ not so bad! :clapping::whistling::thumbsup_anim::stretcher::stretcher:

.... Look on he bright side....at least you didnt run out of crap tickets in the "relief room"

Now that would of been the icing on the cake wouldn't it :lol:

srry to say this jaques but your roof is all rotten to nithing.

under those shingles all you pressed wood has nothing left to it.

1- do not step on it. or you will go thru.

2- removed FINISHED shingles.

3- change rotton pressed wood.

4- lay down new plywood .

5- lay down new shingles.

6- extend that gutter that is drainning on your roof straight in the other gutter. so that no rain water does not hit your small roof.

7- cry because this is a 500$ + job

Yeah I was real bummed out when I saw this but hey, only one thing to do is to remove the shingles and have a look to assess the damage.

Thanks Kevin for your great advice :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Gerrit for your great advice :thumbsup_anim: Once I was able to unclog the drain, the water flushed out just like flushing a toilet. I've never had anything in there in the last 7 years..... looks like I'll have to look out for the dam pigeons :angry:

WOW...

Them Pigeon Droppings sure seem acidic.....it appears they burned right into the shingles... :blink::blink:

That side of the house is exposed to sun all day.... facing south. I think the damage resulted from sun exposer..... who knows :dunno:

dont be too pissed off,

look at the brighter side....

atleast you were not on a 2 week vacation when this started!!!!!!!

and you caught it fast.

Today I'm pretty cool about it.... but yesterday was another story. It always looks worse then it is..... got my fix today.... went fishing.... and caught a nice one :)

Jaques did you GET HER DONE!

No Kevin, not yet..... yesterday was all about fishing in the snow :w00t:

I did catch a nice one..... here's a sneak peak.... 14" square tail on an empty stomach

IMGP2192.jpg

B) B)

ahhhh why bother ...it will only bug ya when its raining out.... :sarcasm::wallbash:

In due time my friend.... and you're right, it's pretty dry now :)

Edited by Leechman

nice fish, and you turned a NF thread into a F thread, bonus points

Thanks WJ :thumbsup_anim: Yeah I know..... I only seemed to be hooking into those beauties one at a time this year :blush: Go figure :dunno: but for what it's worth.... here's a shot of the obstacles I had to deal with after she inhaled my Mepps #2 black furry.... You can clearly see the underwater structure and tree on surface :w00t: Had a good hook set on the upper right of the next pic just a little past the birch tree that's laying on bottom

IMGP2189.jpg

and another shot

IMGP2190.jpg

Here it is again with my head chopped off a little :lol:

IMGP2193.jpg

Not a long one 14" but very thick and chubby B) One good thing is that there was no bugs out to drive us crazy :lol:

6 hours of fishing and was able to go around the lake 3 times to finally hook into this brute B) Everything was white early morning and by the time I left.... all gone :)

Thanks again WJ and GO HABS GO :canadian:

Leechman