operator's card for non-residents

Rodwrap

If I recall from reading the regs, those of us from the states don't need the card when we bring our own boat into Canada - unless we're gonna be on the water 45 or more days in a row. Rental agreement works as well. As you have one from PA, I believe Ontario would recognize that anyway. Should get off my tail and get it as well.

"If you are a non-resident visiting Canada with your boat, you are not required to carry proof of competency on board as long as your boat is in Canada for less than 45 consecutive days.

If you do require proof of competency (because the above doesn't apply to you or you want to operate a boat licensed or registered in Canada) then you may use a operator card or similar proof of competency issued by your home state or country. Either way, you must keep proof of residence on board with you at all times."

Taken from: Transport Canada - TP 511E (01/2009)

If I recall from reading the regs, those of us from the states don't need the card when we bring our own boat into Canada - unless we're gonna be on the water 45 or more days in a row.

Being on the water 45 or more days in a row plays no part. It is if your boat is in Canada for 45 or more consecutive days whether it is used or not.