Lake Erie, Pa trip on Saturday

mj2112

Thanks for the comments about the fish she caught. I just wanted to share them because I like looking at your pictures of fish you all catch. NO regrets about releasing it and seeing it swim away. We just enjoy fishing. Not sure why there is skepticism on the pics. We didn't enter any contests or submit the fish to any bait shop to be considered as a record. I just posted them on here for other fisherman/woman to enjoy. If you remember she caught a similar bass last year and it was posted on here. She fished 3 times in Erie and has caught 2 fish that were once in lifetime bass. Maybe beginners luck; I'd like to think it was me who put her on the fish!

Don't worry about any perceived scepticism, Mike. It's some folks' way of telling you how awesome a catch it is. Keep up the great fishing with your sweetie. And whatever you do, please don't stop sharing pics of your catch. Thanks

Well, a record fish could mean a bunch of cash. You don't have to kill it to weigh it in at an official scale station. The record smallmouth in North America is 10lbs, 14 oz. and by the looks of yours it has to be all of that. My 7.3 lbs smallmouth was entered in a tournament and won me the event as well as the big fish contest....I did release it. I've got a pic of mine and I'll post it here if I can ever figure out how to do that. In the meantime, I can tell you that it's a dwarf compared to yours.....man, that's a big fish!