Humber River (Bolton area)

Toddyc20

Hello all. I drive over the Humber river in Bolton every day on my way to work and have always wondered if there is decent fishing there. Has anyone tried fishing the Humber up here near Bolton? What species are commonly found here?

Hello all. I drive over the Humber river in Bolton every day on my way to work and have always wondered if there is decent fishing there. Has anyone tried fishing the Humber up here near Bolton? What species are commonly found here?

Check out the Humber at the end of Kirby rd. West of Hwy 27. There is a dead end. Check out the pools south of there. Or near old Church Rd. & hwy 50. South of Palgrave fish ladder can produce decent fish. You may expect to catch native browns. Good luck

I figured there wouldn't be much opportunity for bass fishing up near Bolton but it never hurts to ask. There are so many people on this site with so much knowledge that I knew if there are fish to be caught up here in Bolton this would be the place to find out.

Hello all. I drive over the Humber river in Bolton every day on my way to work and have always wondered if there is decent fishing there.

If you drive by everyday why not bring the rod and stop and give it a try. No better way to find out.

If you drive by everyday why not bring the rod and stop and give it a try. No better way to find out.

The reason i ask is because i like to go into a situation with an idea of what i'm doing and what i'm targeting.

The reason i ask is because i like to go into a situation with an idea of what i'm doing and what i'm targeting.

In the bolton area its the odd trout. Downriver near Toronto is more carp and salmon and steelhead. The river is not worth fishing for bass as there is not a good enough population and you are more likely to catch chub and suckers.

In the bolton area its the odd trout. Downriver near Toronto is more carp and salmon and steelhead. The river is not worth fishing for bass as there is not a good enough population and you are more likely to catch chub and suckers.

Thank you for all of your tips and advice. I will continue to look around the area for a nice, local bass hole. Hopefully by june 26th i will have heard of something.

Edited by Toddyc20