How long do steelhead stay in the rivers?

Mykester

it depends on a bunch of things but most important is the weather conditions this year I would be willing to bet you will get drop backs into early june in some systems at their lower reaches a freind if mines GF caught her first rainbow on opener and it was still tight the anal vent was not even sticking out yet and it was a nice 7-8lb chrome hen definately a spawner .rainbow don't die off like salmon unless they are at the end of their life cycle they spawn a few times during their life I don't know exactly how many times they spawn .do a google search for a more in depth explanation.

it depends on a bunch of things but most important is the weather conditions this year I would be willing to bet you will get drop backs into early june in some systems at their lower reaches a freind if mines GF caught her first rainbow on opener and it was still tight the anal vent was not even sticking out yet and it was a nice 7-8lb chrome hen definately a spawner .rainbow don't die off like salmon unless they are at the end of their life cycle they spawn a few times during their life I don't know exactly how many times they spawn .do a google search for a more in depth explanation.

Cool, so would I still have a shot around mid may? That's when my exams end and I'm willing to hit up a local river.