For the Leaf fans....NF

Baldy

I'm not a Leaf fan, Bruins fan actually, but I thought this was pretty neat.

This is a leaf trivia item, a letter from Punch Imlach to Jim Pappin inviting him to training camp.

Pretty interesting as it seems like a bit of a country club atmosphere. I can imagine what the training camp invites look like today.

MapleLeafletterpdf.jpg

Neat stuff! Look at those fitness requirements:

20 pushups

20 situps

30 knee bends

And no cardio requirements.

Those were the days when the players used training camp to get into playing shape.

Still more than the requirements to get into our army! lol

Not the for the people I have trained, and there is a cardio requirement.

They dropped the fitness test in 2007, I was the last group to take a fitness test... Although I don't know who the hell could fail it.

And PT during basic is laughable, just pretend you are trying hard and they can't say anything to you.

They dropped the fitness test in 2007, I was the last group to take a fitness test... Although I don't know who the hell could fail it.

And PT during basic is laughable, just pretend you are trying hard and they can't say anything to you.

I stand corrected, it must have been someone else's army.

Hey Baldy, what ya gonna think when the Leafs trade kaberle and somone else to Edmonton for the first round pick? Bring hall to Toronto baby!!! You just know Burkie can pull it off.Hall and kessel, with a little Kadri..Hmmmmm

Hey Baldy, what ya gonna think when the Leafs trade kaberle and somone else to Edmonton for the first round pick? Bring hall to Toronto baby!!! You just know Burkie can pull it off.Hall and kessel, with a little Kadri..Hmmmmm

Always been a Bruins fan, since before Bobby Orr (God's gift to hockey) played there and have noticed that Boston usually, not always but usually, makes the playoffs.

Have no fear, Boston will still come out of the draft with a few excellent players.

I would suspect that there are teams with more talent and attitude to offer who would covet the 1st pick, we'll know come draft day.

Cool piece of memorabilia Baldy. I think maybe the Leafs are still using that fitness test today and that's why they have been on the outside looking in since the lockout of 2005. You are dreaming tb4me if you think the Oilers are gonna trade that pick. Leafs have one pick in the first two rounds the next two drafts, a second rounder next year. The Bruins have 9 picks in the first two rounds the next two years. Which team do you think has a brighter future?

Indeed Jedi, and Boston gets to make the playoffs in the meantime.

Never mind me, I am just another broken hearted leafs fan.

That letter is pretty cool. My aunt has a game played Bower stick he gave to my grandparents, signed by the team. It was from the 64 cup team I think. Signed by the team.

You are dreaming tb4me if you think the Oilers are gonna trade that pick. Leafs have one pick in the first two rounds the next two drafts, a second rounder next year. The Bruins have 9 picks in the first two rounds the next two years. Which team do you think has a brighter future?

Just remember you heard it here first! I may just be dreaming but I remian hopefull.I have heard rumblings of a block buster deal between Edmonton and toronto..

Leafs have one pick in the first two rounds the next two drafts, a second rounder next year. The Bruins have 9 picks in the first two rounds the next two years. Which team do you think has a brighter future?

And count Kessel counts for nothing in your equation? I'm not sure about your "9" draft pick number... unless I'm missing two from somewhere else, I see seven. I could be wrong though.

Boston has their own 4 picks, 3 from Toronto for Phil, 1 from Minnesota (2nd round) for Kobasew & one from Tampa (2nd round) that came with the Recchi trade. That's how a GM can hedge his bets on Draft day. The Leafs have 1 chance at drafting a future NHL'er and Boston has 9 chances.

Bring on the Pens or the Flyers, the Bruins can take either one.

High 5 to Baldy.

Edited by jediangler