Detroit river walleye

uglyfish

myself and my girlfriend, ashley, headed to windsor on saturday morning to hook up with Bob Devine of chartertalk guide servive. met him at the ramp around 8am and headed out onto the detroit river for a little walleye jigging. first spot yeilded 2 walleye and one smallmouth bass, then nuthin for a few drifts. a phone call later and we were running down river, 20 miles down river, haha. got to another area and made our first pass. FISH ON! we spent the rest of our day fishing that area and boated a total of 16 walleye, 3 smallmouth bass, 1 rock bass, 1 sucker, 1 silver bass and 1 muskie. a boat in the smae area as us hooked into a sturgeon!! the poor guy fought the fish for about an hour before it came unbuttoned haha. he looked pretty upset about it, just kinda sat in the boat for a while. lol. we had a few sprinkles of rain and winds blowing a bit harder then forecasted, but we persisted and had a great day. gotta give credit to my lovely girl, ashley for putting up with it. shes not a fan of the cold or rain, AND shes 7 months pregnant on top of things!!

OH, and she landed the biggest walleye of the day, her FIRST EVER walleye....

29.25" PB Walleye, and this girl had some shoulders on her!!

ashleywalleye.jpg

heres the muskie i caught

muskie.jpg

sadly i forgot my camera in my truck, so we only got a couple pics with Bob's camera. it was a great day out there! they have a simply amazing fishery out there. Bob is a great guy to spend a day on the water with. he knows his stuff out there and can show ya a thing or two when it comes to catchin walleye on the river. we will without a doubt be back out with him! i highly recommend him to anyone whos lookin for a great day on the water for whatever finned foe u wanna chase! www.chartertalk.com

thanks again Bob! we'll see u again soon!

Darrell, thanks for making the trip down south. I am glad I could put you both on some walleyes and big ones at that. As I said at the first spot we needed to find some new water to get into some big fish, thankfully I work with a good group of friends. Ashley is definately a keeper and I am glad she enjoys her time with you. She released the big walleye to fight another day. Congrats on the new baby as my youngest just turn 20 today..lol

Thanks again and I look forward to sharing the boat with you again, enjoy the walleye fillets.

myself and my girlfriend, ashley, headed to windsor on saturday morning to hook up with Bob Devine of chartertalk guide servive. met him at the ramp around 8am and headed out onto the detroit river for a little walleye jigging. first spot yeilded 2 walleye and one smallmouth bass, then nuthin for a few drifts. a phone call later and we were running down river, 20 miles down river, haha. got to another area and made our first pass. FISH ON! we spent the rest of our day fishing that area and boated a total of 16 walleye, 3 smallmouth bass, 1 rock bass, 1 sucker, 1 silver bass and 1 muskie. a boat in the smae area as us hooked into a sturgeon!! the poor guy fought the fish for about an hour before it came unbuttoned haha. he looked pretty upset about it, just kinda sat in the boat for a while. lol. we had a few sprinkles of rain and winds blowing a bit harder then forecasted, but we persisted and had a great day. gotta give credit to my lovely girl, ashley for putting up with it. shes not a fan of the cold or rain, AND shes 7 months pregnant on top of things!!

OH, and she landed the biggest walleye of the day, her FIRST EVER walleye....

29.25" PB Walleye, and this girl had some shoulders on her!!

ashleywalleye.jpg

heres the muskie i caught

muskie.jpg

sadly i forgot my camera in my truck, so we only got a couple pics with Bob's camera. it was a great day out there! they have a simply amazing fishery out there. Bob is a great guy to spend a day on the water with. he knows his stuff out there and can show ya a thing or two when it comes to catchin walleye on the river. we will without a doubt be back out with him! i highly recommend him to anyone whos lookin for a great day on the water for whatever finned foe u wanna chase! www.chartertalk.com

thanks again Bob! we'll see u again soon!

Pardon my ignorance here, still fairly new at this but aren't most of the fish you guys caught out of season?

Pardon my ignorance here, still fairly new at this but aren't most of the fish you guys caught out of season?

Thanks for asking:

Walleye are open yr round on the Detroit River. While most areas of Ontario are still waiting for ice to melt and the season to open we are fishing. The muskie was caught and released with no issue as were the smallies and we were not targetting them with 1/2-5/8oz jigs. During the early season you will catch a number of different species as Darrell mentioned in his post.

Thanks for asking:

Walleye are open yr round on the Detroit River. While most areas of Ontario are still waiting for ice to melt and the season to open we are fishing. The muskie was caught and released with no issue as were the smallies and we were not targetting them with 1/2-5/8oz jigs. During the early season you will catch a number of different species as Darrell mentioned in his post.

Nice fish Darrel!Whats with you when fishing!!!!! he nails a musky everytime i get him out as well!Seems like nobody ever picks up other fish species while fishing a specific species or take the time to read where they were fishing, some people are way to quick to start a sh@#@t storm, people need to read posts more carefully, and if you don't know maybe one should not reply at all!!Congrats again Darrel and the wife is sure a keeper! P.s could have used you in the pike tourny on sun! LOL

Nice fish Darrel!Whats with you when fishing!!!!! he nails a musky everytime i get him out as well!Seems like nobody ever picks up other fish species while fishing a specific species or take the time to read where they were fishing, some people are way to quick to start a sh@#@t storm, people need to read posts more carefully, and if you don't know maybe one should not reply at all!!Congrats again Darrel and the wife is sure a keeper! P.s could have used you in the pike tourny on sun! LOL

haha, yea... i have this thing for catchin muskies when im fishing for somethin else! i seen ur post last nite about the pike tourney!! if i was in town u KNOW i would have been the first to call ya and come out! how'd ya do in the tourney anyways??

and Bob, thank u. its always a pleasure hittin the water with u! and good call on the resturaunt! that ming wah or whatever, awesome place! cheap price and awesome food. we will for sure be back! just gotta decide what to fish for! haha, that muskie spot u showed me looked fun! maybe i can talk her into a day of muskie fishing and a day of walleye fishing!! lol