Question for Quantum Cabo Owners

mbosh1980

Does anyone on here own this specific reel in the 20 size? If so does it have a baitclicker, and what are your thoughts on the reel. I know some guys use the 30 size for muskie, however the 20 is all they have left.

I thought for the price this reel might be a little more durable than say an abu c3 or c4. But I really want to make sure it has a baitclicker... I have been able to find out that the "widespool" models have a baitclicker, but the listing really doesnt specify.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0078191125272a&navCount=3&podId=0078191&parentId=cat601360&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21404-cat21406-cat601360&catalogCode=OG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601360&hasJS=true

Any help would greatly appreciated.

i have the 31 i would not recommend the reel for trolling. it does have a clicker but it sucks. it's a casting reel. i am sure the smaller 20 series is no better.

to answer your question specifically, the reel in the picture on the cabelas site looks like a 20 series and it has no clicker switch on it.

Edited by Raf

you're welcome

i am curious, and i admit i don't do that type of fishing but, have you gone through many c3s 6500s with that style of fishing? the reason they fail a lot of guys is due to the large lures and strain on gears from repeatedly casting and retrieving them that muskie guys put on them. the clicker, drag on the c3 are excellent and i would think would stand up to that type of fishing no problem.

Edited by Raf

you're welcome

i am curious, have you gone through many c3s 6500s with that style of fishing? the reason they fail a lot of guys is due to the large lures and strain on gears from repeatedly casting and retrieving them that muskie guys put on them. the clicker, drag on the c3 are excellent and i would think would stand up to that type of fishing no problem.

well, I actually don't have a 6500 series reel yet. I have a 5500 c3 that I like for tossing smaller stuff, but it has yet to see much use itself . This is the first year I'm using baitcasters for coarse fish, and it became clear to me that a clicker would be beneficial last week when I was trying for cats in dunnville. My attention span is pretty minimal!

So I am still experimenting with gear and setups for different situations. I appreciate the input on the abu's.

Edited by Bosh

Hey Raf, what kind of issues have you had with your clicker? Out of the box mine was a little wonky (didn't engage correctly), but over time started working...

<---And I caught this pike trolling with it...

Edited by Fishing Fury

Clive, like Wayne said, it's very quiet and like you said, doesn't engage properly and just doesn't seem like it would last. Mine are taped in the "OFF" position because I had a habit of accidently engaging them the way I palm the reel when I cast.

I'm sure the reel is for ok trolling but, it'd be one of my last choices in this category of reels due to the high gear ratio and poor clicker.