Last days of walleye season

limeyangler

hi all,

seems weird to be casting from shore and jigging in the boat for close of walleye season...but i'll take it!

End of walleye was on wednesday and got out in the boat, but also got a quick shore session in front of the house after baby went to sleep.

The evening of the 13th was picture perfect.....no wind stunning sunsets and wildlife coming out of hibernation....felt like a july evening on the shore, even got bit by a couple of bugs.

WAS SO NICE ON OUR SHORE TUESDAY EVENING

wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

wc3.jpg

wc4.jpg

wc5.jpg

wc6.jpg

Fishing with a knuckle ball jig (chart/orange) and just lazily casting it out 20yrds or so usually brings in supper, and after a slow start i landed a few small walleye, just the perfect way to wind down after chasing baby Jack around the whole day.....lol

GOT A FEW SMALL WALLEYE ALL C&R

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wednesday we headed back to Eagle lake to fish the closing day (walleye). The weather was miserable compared to the evening before with high winds and rain, but it was so cool to be fishing in the boat it did not deter us or dampen our spirits....never does anyway. We decided to go exploring and spent the first few hours way down the south west arm of the lake, trying different stuff with little to no fish in the boat. Most exitement was a nice walleye Al got, which looked like it got into a fight with a muskie, and an eagle that snatched a small jackfish that was not feeling to good after the unhooking process right off the surface.

THIS EAGLE FOLLOWED US ALONG SHORE FOR OVER A MILE...LOOKING FOR SCRAPS AND GOT SOME!

wc7.jpg

Fishing was 'tough' till sunset, then the switch was flicked over to 'bite' and we got our limit in no time at all. Once again a CO turned up, this time shouting questions at us from shore....good bit in the vid where i'm holding a slot fish whilst clarifying what vehicle was mine at the landing to the CO. Also met my fishing buddy Lew out ther...he was fishing from shore with his dad, anyway, we spent an hour with some non stop action, upgrading our fishes as we went and had a nice stringer by the end of the day when we were treated to another gorgeous sunset.

ANOTHER NICE SUNSET ON EAGLE LAKE

wc8.jpg

wc9.jpg

wc10.jpg

VIDEO OF THE DAY'S SHANNANIGANS

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

what a beautiful night. so calm , my pressure dropped as i watched,, thanks limey.

was that a mitchel 300 series reel i heard? best ,bullet proof, fish-tamer made. the 350 of fishing reels!

Yup its a Mitchel....part of a $39 walmart combo...have 2 with rear drag and one front drag....use them in summer and on the ice...3rd year now....i treat 'em like @#$# but they keep going......awesome little reels. In fact Walmart sell them seperately for $39....so might as well get the combo as the spinning rod is excellent too...in fact it was the rod that attracted me...good for walleye jigging(sensitive) good for casting for all sorts too.

I said it before and say it again.... you've got it pretty darn good up there Simon..... I envy you for being able to just setup in your back yard and catch some nice eyes like that B)

Great job mon ami and keep them reports coming!!!

Jacques