first fish on the pin

spinnerdoc

second outing on the pin and managed these fingerlings...a sucker and a bow...the bow was acrobatic, multiple jumps and over all not a bad weekday outing. water was gin clear. casted to a spot and a steelhead jumped but missed my fly, saw a few more jumps but i could not get them to bite. switched up flies but to know avail.

stuck with the modified wallis cast the whole time. few tangles here and there, but i was happy i didn't snap the line. i took mike's(MJL), about practicing a cast, if you feel that you are a bit tired casting, stop a while then get back to it. i still am not getting he distance and accuracy still needs work but i was able to get it more or less where i need the float to be....well there is always the next outing ....

here they are

P4150252.jpg

and the mini bow

P4150258.jpg

Dood that's awesome!

few tangles here and there, but i was happy i didn't snap the line. i took mike's(MJL), about practicing a cast, if you feel that you are a bit tired casting, stop a while then get back to it.

I was referring only to fly casting :P You're not allowed to stop until you land a double digit steelhead on the pin :devil:

what kind of reel is that...spinnerdoc?

Thanks

That reel was crafted by a hobbit artisans of middle earth and anodized in the fires of mount doom which is guarded by the dark and evil Lord Sauron. It's called the Andúril centrepin...Able to demolish hoards of steelhead with the trot of its spool...In the wrong hands it's a weapon of mass destruction...That's what the Legends speak of :worthy:

thanks for the compliments on the reel.well that reel is the "streamline"... at least that's what i call it, although MJL's sounds nice. it was my winter project. was a tank of a pin at first but with a few tips from paul at angling specialties,i was able to refine some of the rough edges.

Mike i am taking that double digit steelie seriusly...

Edited by spinnerdoc