Doh.

BFSC Kevin

I got a gear case lube pump. It works on my older 60hp merc but as I was about to change the gear lube in a 5hp 4 stroke, the fitting doesn't fit!

Do I need another pump?

Something like the image below.. but it was a generic one that I got from BPS I believe.

LUBE.gif

Kevin.. if you don't find the right thread... stick the hose onto an airmattress end (long tapered plastic nozzle) for one of hose portable air pumps. Stick it in the threaded hole and hold it tight while you pump the oil in. Works like a charm.. is what I do on my 9.9 merc as my threaded fittings only fit the Verado and my 25 Honda.

I got a gear case lube pump. It works on my older 60hp merc but as I was about to change the gear lube in a 5hp 4 stroke, the fitting doesn't fit!

Do I need another pump?

Something like the image below.. but it was a generic one that I got from BPS I believe.

LUBE.gif

You can also purchase reduced fittings or vice versa for the pump to adapt.Any ct or parts supplier will have them.You can try wurth,optional hose or any hydraulic spec shop.Even princess auto.

Kevin.. if you don't find the right thread... stick the hose onto an airmattress end (long tapered plastic nozzle) for one of hose portable air pumps. Stick it in the threaded hole and hold it tight while you pump the oil in. Works like a charm.. is what I do on my 9.9 merc as my threaded fittings only fit the Verado and my 25 Honda.

AHHHH. I see. Maybe I shall try that if the fitting adapter doesn't work.