invisabraid ?

mattybculp

hello all , i was watching a fishing show this past week with pete maina and he was saying that he likes using spiderwire ultracast invisabraid for his heavier setups for muskie and pike. I was hoping to hear comments by anyone who has used it we are probably talking in the 80 lbs test range. im always looking to improve my setups, your input would be valuable. Thanks

Never tried it, I usually just google it and try to find reviews (good and bad) http://www.basspro.c...Results#reviews

I love the power pro and can't wait to try the suffix braid this year probably 65 lb http://www.basspro.c...__SearchResults

My preference is just to use a regular braid and a fluorocarbon leader of 80-150 lb test.

Edited by Syn

80 LB test???

where are you fishing florida?

holy crap, what are you using for a rod?

telephone pole?

~~~ :tease: ~~~

Classic! i love it. You obviously havent been muskie fishing on georgian bay. but when we are talking fish in the 50 inch plus range and in the 40 lbs plus range, trust me you want the heavy line. especially trolling at 4-6 mph. Any muskie angler who has been around long enough will agree with me. i use a 7.7 heavy st croix fast action tip. You should try it, you may just put that chum or fly rod away and experince a mans fish.

you may just put that chum or fly rod away and experince a mans fish

thats funny!!!!!!!!!

i know what a fly rod is , but what is chum?

the only chum i know is the kind you put out behind a boat to attract BIG fish.

like this~~~~~~~~~

Scannedfishing_3.jpg

or like this

Scannedfishing_9-1-1.jpg

you may just put that chum or fly rod away and experince a mans fish

thats funny!!!!!!!!!

i know what a fly rod is , but what is chum?

the only chum i know is the kind you put out behind a boat to attract BIG fish.

like this~~~~~~~~~

Scannedfishing_3.jpg

or like this

Scannedfishing_9-1-1.jpg

NICE SHORTS

havent used the invisabraid yet, no real need to in my opinion. mind u, i dont really fish for muskies. bass fishing i use spiderwire, and love it. power pro is garbage, tried it, was very disappointed in it and never used it again. stren make a good braid as well. but think about it, do u really need the invisabraid... clearly muskies arent line shy. so having invisabraid really isnt gonna help u catch more fish. i believe it costs a bit more then the stealth as well.

I tried it in 40lb test a couple of years ago. Similar to Fireline, it starts to get frayed after a while and eventually the different strands separates. I used it until a trip where I snapped the line on 3 or 4 fish in a row on the hookset. Went back to Powerpro and haven't had that problem since.

I tried it for pike was using 65lb and it was snapping on the cast and firing lures out into the lake lost 3 and put that rod down I took it back to the shop I got it from and they replaced it with courtland braid and I was very happy with it works great but I normally use PP for bass and pike and the invisabraid is way easier to see under water than any moss green braided line IMO.

I bought 300 yards of 30 pound test in 2008 when it first came out.

Spiderwire Invisabraid has a very loose weave. I found that every sharp hook that came near it got snagged on the line.

After a few weeks of fishing in dirty water the line started to break on the cast or if I was pulling a snag off. When it broke, it broke between the rod and the lure!!!

Thinking that it was faulty I sent the line, with a note, back to Pure Fishing. They replaced the whole 300 yard spool, but sadly, the second spool was no better.