Vacation/Trophy Musky Location

Matty

Hi All,

I (myself and a friend) need to rent a cottage for a family vacation in August. We figured, why not kill 2 birds with one stone and rent a cottage in an area with great fun for the whole family (kids aged 3-8) as well as the chance of hooking into a trophy musky. I have spent my entire musky fishing career (only 6-7 years) on the kawarthas and now want to start to get into some of the more "trophy" potential waters. My first thought for this was Georgian Bay somewhere between Honey Harbour and the Moon River basin. Does anyone know of a specific area I should look for a rental? Please understand I am not looking for any specific fishing spots or something like that, I just want to make sure that we are in the right vicinity. Not knowing Geogian Bay very well and the body of water being so large, I could make a mistake on where I rent a cottage and it could take me 3 days in the boat to get to good fishing water! Anyways, sorry for the long winded post, but any suggestions or thoughts on locations, (Geogian Bay or others) would be greatly appreciated. We are also considering renting a guide for a couple of days toward the beginning of the week no matter where we go, so any input on a good guide in the area would be great also. Please feel free to email or PM me if you dont want to post any specific information on here [email protected].

Thanks a bunch guys!

Matt

Hi Matt,

It depends on what you want out of a Georgian Bay vacation. Do you want total quite time and scenary or somewhere close to shopping and restaurants for the wife and kids.

I know Georgian Bay very well. There are a number of lodges that I work with that rent cottages/cabins and I guide full time for muskies on Georgian Bay between July and November. You can view informationn about guiding and accomodations at http://www.ontariomusky.com and if you have any questions on the resorts listed on the accomodations pages or best areas for family vacations and for trophy musky send me an email or call me.

You can also get cottage rental info on this website. http://www.visitmuskoka.com/georgian_bay_cottage_rentals.htm

You can also email me or call me anytime.