12' tinny refurbish project part one

SBCregal

I decided at the end of last year that I was going to re-do the little 12 footer that I bought off a buddy 2 yrs ago. Today I finally got around to starting on the project. I went and tore the benches out of it today and tomorrow I will be buying some wood, sealer and carpet to replace them with. I also plan on painting the inside of the boat using some rockerguard. I snapped a few pics to try document the progress of the project.

This is how it sat before I got into it today.

boatproject001-1.jpg

My girlfriend got a pic of me while I was working, at least she got my good side!!

boatproject003.jpg

After getting the seats unscrewed and torn out.

boatproject006.jpg

All ready for powerwashing, scuffing/sanding and painting.

boatproject008.jpg

That's all I got done today, stay tuned for more "in progress" reports. Hopefully I'll have it ready to hit the water in a couple of weeks.

Ryan

Hopefully I'll have it ready to hit the water in a couple of weeks. :rofl2:

thats what i said when i started on my 14'~~~~~LOL

a quick paint job and off i go...ya right.

im at BPS and saw these real nice padded seats that would be cool 3 of them.

hey the pick up truck wheel well box i have will be great for storage in the back, for the battery, safety kit ect....

oh ya i got those rod holders in the shed, need something to hold the rods right!

then Tracker says, ya know its kinda tricky standing in the front of the boat cause of the V hull......

in goes a floor, now he has lots of usable floor space up front and its safer.

it stays tied up to the dock all summer, so in goes the automotic bilge pump.

the new season is upon us so im thinking "live well" and finishing off the rest of the floor!!!!!

hey Tracker what cha doing the 2nd&3rd weekend in may?~~~LOL

Dunner--it never ends , just make sure its water ready and you will have the rest of the summer to fine tune it.

dont forget lights too....

Before the discouraging words start, keep up the good work, and do not let the naysayers on the board bring ya down.

I would suggest that the seats are a part of the structure of the hull. They need to be in the boat to maintain the ridgity of the hull in rough water.

How are you planning to address that?

I'm not worried about any naysayers, I know how projects like this go. I've had several project cars over the years, one even got finished! :)

I know the seats are part of the structure and need to be in there. I was kinda joking about taking it out. I took the seats out today to use them as templates to cut new seats. This was just a "part one" of the process, the work I got done today ;)

Ryan

Hopefully I'll have it ready to hit the water in a couple of weeks. :rofl2:

thats what i said when i started on my 14'~~~~~LOL

a quick paint job and off i go...ya right.

im at BPS and saw these real nice padded seats that would be cool 3 of them.

hey the pick up truck wheel well box i have will be great for storage in the back, for the battery, safety kit ect....

oh ya i got those rod holders in the shed, need something to hold the rods right!

then Tracker says, ya know its kinda tricky standing in the front of the boat cause of the V hull......

in goes a floor, now he has lots of usable floor space up front and its safer.

it stays tied up to the dock all summer, so in goes the automotic bilge pump.

the new season is upon us so im thinking "live well" and finishing off the rest of the floor!!!!!

hey Tracker what cha doing the 2nd&3rd weekend in may?~~~LOL

Dunner--it never ends , just make sure its water ready and you will have the rest of the summer to fine tune it.

dont forget lights too....

Lmao!!!

I've been thinking about all of that and more the last couple weeks.... I just want to fish!! lol.....