Fishing Tomorrow

Drock6687

So it looks like I have one day tomorrow to go fishing at a local lake (banniser/wrigly lake in Ary ontario) before pike are closed for a couple months... I know they are a warm water fish but the last is very showell in most places being less then 10 feet deep everywhere...

Would some top water baits be the best worked slowly towards the weeds???

Any help would be awesome guys, thanks in advance!

So it looks like I have one day tomorrow to go fishing at a local lake (banniser/wrigly lake in Ary ontario) before pike are closed for a couple months... I know they are a warm water fish but the last is very showell in most places being less then 10 feet deep everywhere...

I wasn't aware that you were allowed to fish there. Maybe it's just from a boat :dunno:

I wasn't aware that you were allowed to fish there. Maybe it's just from a boat :dunno:

you are allowd to fish from shore just there are no boats allowed in the last which is a same cause there are some big pike in there around the shore so im sure there are even more big ones in a lake that fair size

you are allowd to fish from shore just there are no boats allowed in the last which is a same cause there are some big pike in there around the shore so im sure there are even more big ones in a lake that fair size

If im thinking right there is another lake across the street.Right?If im corect there is no boating or wading on this lake, just shore fishing and lots of turtles nibbling the minnows <_<

If im thinking right there is another lake across the street.Right?If im corect there is no boating or wading on this lake, just shore fishing and lots of turtles nibbling the minnows <_<

Yes there are 2 lakes... bannister lake is on the north side of the road and wriglys lake on the south side... i thought it was no boats on either but i could be wrong...

Yes there are 2 lakes... bannister lake is on the north side of the road and wriglys lake on the south side... i thought it was no boats on either but i could be wrong...

If I recall properly one lake has a sign posted, the other doesnt.When I went there I was at a t in the rd and turned right.The one on the left had a sign. beleive there was a nursery on the right side at the corner.Sorry, its been a while since ive been there.

Hey Drock - that you I saw on the way home yesterday on the Ayr road at the sign? Any luck? Been a lot of people out there since the ice went away. Most of the guys I know who catch the big ones catch them on the Bannister Lake side and use minnows. I think you are probably better off to get away from the road - way too much pressure there. I usually go in to the Wrigley lake side, walk in and pick a secluded spot. Caught 4 or five last year, and lost a few lures in the snags too. i find you get bigger and better fighters in the Nith if you can find a spot that hasn't been trampled to death. Haysville and near the pumpkin farm are pretty good once you've walked in a bit.