NHL Draft (NF)

blaque

Buffalo got rid of Marty Biron for a second round pick and traded a 5th round for Ty Conklin?? lol. THen they snapped up Zubrus from washington last minute for Novotny and a 1st rounder. Nothing too exciting, but glad they made a last second move, for a while there it looked like they offed Marty and that was it.

the leafs should have gone for biron!

The poor oiler fans! Pronger and Peca last year now Smyth? Come on how are you going to sell season tickets with absolutely now star power? I really hope they can pick up some free agents in the summer or it may be a tough road for them in edmonton.

I like the larouque pick up by pittsbuurgh. That is good for the league because sid the kid will get some breathing room and no more of the cheap shots he has been taking. Gary roberts the ottawa senators killer will help short term with grit.

The west is so good how do you pick who will some out of that division? nashville is the big winner i think, but great pick ups by san jose with guerin and if bertuzzi is healthy he will help detroit which has the least amount of losses in the league right now.

Going to be a wild ride this year!

Cheers!

Can't believe the Smyth trade......yikes.

Toronto did nothing again since they have no prospects and no hope in the immediate future why do anything.

Should have traded Sundin and anyone else still worth anything and at least tried to make a team in the future. But why????> When they sell everything out anyway. John Ferguson has the easiest job in pro sports!

I was surprised the Oilers traded Smyth - but the article I read eluded that he could also resign with them after the stint with NY.

Habs did good - shipped off Rivet, who hadn't been doing much (I was never a fan, even if he's from North Bay). They save money, have one less UFA to worry about, picked up a big young stay-at-home D-man and a 1st round pick (nothing wrong with that!!).

If the goalie is the dude they picked up today it was off waivers.

oliers had to do what they had to do

look at it this way... they coulda maybe made the plaoffs... maybe won a game or two before being knocked out & lost Smyth & got nothing in return... they now have some good young assets & still COULD resign Ryan... give it time

leafs - well Perrault is good - i like him , but they shoulda traded a coupla $$'s away for prospects & picks - the only way this team will ever make any progress

LOOK OUT FOR PITTSBURGH IF FLEURY BECOMES A WALL THEY COULD MAKE A SERIOUS RUN! They added some protection & grit for the young guns!

No worries, Captain Canada will still be available for the world championships as the NYI won't make the dance. If they luck out they'll still go out first round.

If Miller goes down now the Sabres will be toast. Big mistake giving up Biron.

Bertuzzi will be no help to the wings, he's no Shanahan.

Guerin will make the Sharks a more dangerous fish.

Forsberg in Nashville will be the biggest help to his new team.