Upgrading bearings?

sandmann

Can someone tell me where I can get bearings to do an upgrade on my reels, has anyone ever done this and were you happy with the results? Thanks in advance for you help.

It is possible that the bearings may just need a good cleaning and lube job. Perhaps look at that before spending the money on new bearings

It is possible that the bearings may just need a good cleaning and lube job. Perhaps look at that before spending the money on new bearings

The reels I have are brand new, I want to try upgrading with better bearings, I hear there are some out there that make a huge differnce.

Kevin at Pro reel Service in Wichita KS told me that the ARB bearings, once they have been tuned, are the best stainlees bearings you can buy. The best ceramic bearings are the Boca Orange seal. Both of these bearings coat about $14.00 each installed. You would need two.

Since a new Curado comes with ARB, don't change the bearings.

Box the reel up and mail it to;

PROFESSIONAL REEL SERVICE

2103 N Teal Brook CT

Wichita KS 67235

Ask them for their Pro Tuning.

It costs less than $20 per reel. It includes cleaning and some machining to smooth the work surfaces and tuning of the bearings.

This will make a bigger difference to your reel than just swapping out the bearings and it will cost less.

Garry2R's.