owners manual for a 76 6 hp johnson

Weeds

Hi all. Well, I picked up my motor on the weekend after finding what appeared to be a solid motor at a reasonable price. I know alot of you suggested going with a little more horsepower and I appreciate all the advice you gave me in that thread but I just couldn't find anything that I could afford so I went with the 6hp. Now, I know very little when it comes to outboards so, even though the motor seems good at the moment I'd still really like to get my hands on an owners manual and possibly a factory service manual if they are 2 different things. Any recomendations as to where I might download one? Any free sights out there? Would rather not pay 40 bucks per manual if possible; although I guess I would if I had too. I tried searching the forum as I'm pretty sure this topic has come up but so far I have not seen anything. Thanks, Ross

If you decide to get a service manual for your boat then buy a Factory manual specific to your outboard. A multi-year multi-hp Cylmer or Seloc manual can be very confusing.

An owner's manual will tell you what all the knobs are for, how to set the motor up on your boat and basic maintenance. It won't tell you how to fix anything. The Factory service manual may include all the info of the owners manual plus how to fix things on your specific motor.