LOOMIS WARRANTY

bassman87

I have a GL3 I gotta send to Loomis to be fixed/replaced. I called Loomis Canada in Peterborough and the guy I spoke to was such a dickhead. He wouldnt give me any information about how long would i expect before getting my rod back. Then he told me why dont I just call loomis in the us instead. When I did they told me to call Loomis Canada in Peterborough. Should I bother trying to call back? Would any of the tackle shops here in Hamilton ship it back for me along with their other Loomis warranty rods if I paid them. Thanks in advance for any help.

There are some stun-bunnies in the warehouse at Peterborough who are sometimes allowed to answer the phone...

The last time I dealt with this, Shimano has a young lady in their Peterborough office, who I believe handled all Loomis affairs. That was two years ago. I suggest that you call back and ask who looks after Loomis, and then ask to speak to that person.

I have had a couple of Loomis rods replaced since they closed the Mount Hope plant. In one case I paid a small fee, and the new rod was shipped from the USA to me. In the other, I picked up the replacement rod a week or so later...No Charge.

In the latter case, some bonehead in the warehouse told me that I wasn't covered by the warranty. Just be polite and ask for the person in charge...grin.

Garry2rs

I always ask to whom I am speaking with and write it down. That way if the person is acting out of line I will call back and ask to speak to the supervisor. Then when yaking with the supervisor I will mention this persons name and what they said, the supervisor then can deal with it.

If the rod was actual manufacturer defect, they will replace it free of charge but you will have to send it to Peterborough to have them inspect it. If it was an accident or abuse you can still get a new rod through the Expediter Loomis Warranty. Most tackle shops that sell Loomis also handle this. It's $75 and they will send you a new replacement or you can get one over the counter if the store participates in the program and has it in stock. They will ask for your Credit Card Number and send you a postage paid envelope in which you have to mail back the section on the blank that has all the label, name and rod specs on it (typically a 5" section just above the handle) Cut that section out with a hack saw and place it in the envelope and mail it back. As long as they receive the piece back within the set time (a month or two I think) then you are all done. If you don't send it back they will charge you for the replacement.

Pretty good deal if you have an accident and don't feel like spending another $250-$800 depending on the rod.

Like the rest said, call back. They typically have the best customer service around.

JP