Fishing Bagotville/Chicoutimi/Saguenay

huntervasili

Well then... As I ***WILL be in Bagotville QC this summer I might as well ask... Is there anywhere nearby (particularily BFC/CFB Bagotville) to fish for... Well... Fish ;) I was wondering what is in the area and some tactics. I will be there for approx 7 weeks if i go and will have limited available transportation but was wondering where if anywhere there is any half decent fishing. Thanks for any replies or PM's...

Bill

Edited by Bill Parker

Shipshaw (les Barrages a Arvida) does have some nice fish, everything from perch on up, but do check on the specific requirements for each specie of fish, some you need a daily tag etc, some areas you may need a guide cause you'll be considered a non resident( best I can remember). See if you can get hold of "dabluz" local member from there. They may still have the two ponds open on the Base( Parc Lambert) Lambert Park for the blokes or tetes carres(flash cube)

Je Ne parle pas bon Francais... but I do know a couple of bilingual guys who could act as translators...

Oh and as well... I also was wondering how the licencing works... I am an Ontario Resident and a Minor so do I still need a non-res licence and do I need one for particular species? as well I looked at their maps and boy are they confusing... Any more help is Greatly appreciated

Bill don't worry about the french I know people who have lived here all there life and do not speak french.They get by.It would be cheaper to buy a license for the year Bill.Don't worry there is good fishing.I just don't know this area.I will talk to some people from the region.Let me get back to you.I don't know if a minor needs a licence.MTP

• 2 months later...

Hey guys... I hate to bring up old posts but didn't really want to make a new one... I ended up getting the job in bagotville so I was wondering if anyone had any new news about fishing in the area... preferably close to the sir base or Chicouimi... Thanks in advance

Bill

hmm hes always here pm roy and ask him, he should know...weird if i have to il go on the french fishing board i frequent and get his email

take care

Edited by carll2