Lake Simcoe Report

Fished for the last time Friday with my dad. Access was difficult -- only found one spot on the Oro shore that provided decent ATV access. Travel was very good -- limited slush and the cracks were closed, although there was some water beginning to build on them.

Fished off Georgina -- managed 9 wf in just over an hour -- nice way to end the season! My dad caught one that would've gone most of 8 lbs, it was very misshapen.

Today the conditions were worse. Very, very difficult to get anything to the ice. The ice has pulled away from the shorelines. Slush is beginning to build and there were a few vehicles stuck in places due to the softening ice. Still lots of ice in the deeper areas, but lots of wet shavings, etc when you cut through.

With the wind/rain and warm temps, it will deteriorate quickly. Approach with caution for sure.

Play safe.

Why can't there be "ice bans" the way there are fire bans in the summer?

I still can't believe there's still people trying to get out on Erie, and this happens every season.

My personal fav are the guys that ask the helicopter to come back in a few hours, they still have bait and just found the school. :wallbash: