Fanshawe Lake, London Info needed

Laker272

it is a man made lake. the deepest part is about 40 feet. ive ice fished there mulitiple times. last i heard there is still a good 12 inches, however with these warm temps forecasted you'll definitely want to be be careful around the edges. the lake gets very good ice, just stay away from the dam. as for fish, there are walleye, pike, perch, LM and SM bass as well as carp and sunnies etc. be careful out there.

i should also mention that the temps in london for the next few days are well above zero. if you do decide to go id definitely bring a spud to check the ice and i wouldnt recommend going alone.

Edited by FisherMike

Hey Scuqoq - I'm relatively new to the fishing scene here in london also. You meniton lots of opportunity in London on the thames - without giving away your honey holes - would there be any specific areas you would recommend - and for what species ? thx.

Walleyes come up the river from Lake Erie and should be showing up in the London area by now. Any where downstream from the city is good. But you better check the regulations because I think there is a ban on walleye fishing in some sections now.

Walleyes come up the river from Lake Erie and should be showing up in the London area by now. Any where downstream from the city is good. But you better check the regulations because I think there is a ban on walleye fishing in some sections now.

It closes up on the 15th.....used to be open all year.

Hey Scuqoq - I'm relatively new to the fishing scene here in london also. You meniton lots of opportunity in London on the thames - without giving away your honey holes - would there be any specific areas you would recommend - and for what species ? thx.

are you right in the city Rob? or on the outskirts? I wen to school in london and fished hte downtown section pretty hard... Shoot me a PM if you think you'll ever be fishing the downtown stretch of the river...

cheers,

Ryan