Newby Icefisherman Needs help

Only been once 10+ years ago, until Yesterday 4 of us went out to a local lake 3:30 til 7:00 drilled 9 holes 6' to 15' deep, trying for perch & pike, 1 buddy got bit off by a pike so there was something there but nothing else, 3 or 4 of us are thinking of going to Simcoe or else where, leaving Teeswater, any recommendation for area ice hut operators with in 2 hrs, Belwood, Orangeville, Guelph Lake or is Simcoe the Best to go too, hoping to catch perch, pike, whitefish what ever, kind of a 50th birthday get away for me for the day :Gonefishing:

Thanx for any & all help Guys & Girls Richard

If it was me and I'm only going 1 or 2 times a year, Simcoe would be my choice. The perch are pretty much always on, good chance of pike at almost anytime in the perch grounds and you can switch it up for whities and lakers if you want.

Also, lots of decent operators on Simcoe, depending where you want to head out from.

Good luck,

Darcy

A lot of huts will be coming off of simcoe and others by this weekend. The warm temps are going to give the shorelines a pounding. Still a lot of ice but it'll be wet and I'm not sure how stable it will be.

So just be safe out there.

Edited by Governator

Hey Spinnerbait why you leaving teeswater to go anywhere you have some great pike fishing there and I would assume perch as well..no? I'd go to Port Burwell or check into it we took home about 20 perch from there none under 11 inches...caught about 100 but who needs that many!!