My other hobby :)

Dozer

I was cleaning up today so I figured I'd shoot some photo's with the crappy camera that I have.

Anyways, I love animals and keep a bunch of cool animals. At home we've got a bunch of reptiles, dogs, fish, my mother, a parrot, a rat, and I probably missed something.

I'll give you guys a quick intro about what I do.

These are my geckos. I keep a small colony in hopes of breeding them in the near future. These are called Rhacodactylus Leachianus and are the worlds largest geckos, I think the biggest one being just over a pound. Mine aren't nearly that large but they are still pretty big.

This is a female I am hoping to breed with my male.

DSC00790.jpg

Another female... this one is pretty big weighing in at just about 300 grams. Shes heavy duty.

DSC00801.jpg

Here are some enclosure shots, not a lot of effort went into creating these, I just wanted them to come out allright.

DSC00760.jpg

...each one of these enclosures houses one gecko...

DSC00783.jpg

These geckos are really neat, but boring to the average person as they are nocturnal. During the day you don't see much of them and at night they spook when anyone comes into the room. I take them out from time to time and handle them and that experience alone is well worth keeping these beautiful creatures.

I also have snakes, I keep mainly Ball Pythons. These are the entry level type reptiles due to their small size and great demeanor. Its funny because genetic mutations cause their patterns to change up visually therefore increasing its value in dollars. The most I've heard spent on a single ball python mutation was $130,000 USD. Just a fun fact for you all :)

Anyways, here are some of my snakes.

This is what a normal ball python looks like.

DSC00799.jpg

Here is another variety of ball python, these ones are pied.

DSC00792.jpg

...and another...

DSC00798.jpg

...and another...

DSC00796.jpg

These are all the same type of snake just displaying different patterns ( kinda like humans, we got white, lack, brown, etc. )

Hope you enjoyed the little introduction to some of my animals :)

nice snakes...i used to have a ball python too for 6 years ....he grew to 4 1/2 feet long and i donated him to storybook gardens in London...his pattern was the same as your first pic....funny i was just at the pet store and they have a Bermise there thats about 8 feet long ....i actually asked the cost of him but was told he wasnt for sale...

nice collection you have going on there ...right now we have 3 cats a dog and a lizzard ....

nice pied balls...

i used to have a pair of regular balls, but sold them to a teacher for education purposes.

having left the reptile hobby, all i have left is a single leopard tortoise (looks close to being ivory though :D )

i used to have:

ball pythons

veiled chameleons

panther chameleons

various types of turts and torts including red foots, leopards, diamondback terrapins, indonesian box turtles, side necks, etc.

Our house is crawling with critters too. We have a Leopard Gecko, two Ball pythons, Dumerils Boa and Surinam Red tail boa. We also have three fish tanks, one being a marine tank full of corals. There is also a cat and a dog being part of the family. A busy house.

Snakes.jpg

Nice dumeril Skud! Those are one of my favourites, wicked cool pattern! Nice boa hanging there too ;) Post up a picture of the marine tank?

Frozen, thats quite the list you got there, some real nice animals you named off.

Pure, as for owning a pet snake there really isn't much you need. The snake itself will cost 50 dollars ( during season ) and enclosure and accesories another 100 - 200, and thats going luxury too. You can set something up for a mere 30 dollars if you wanted to ( but your snake would live in a rubbermaid, wouldn't be very "showy" ).

As for weekly costs, you feed the snake once a week which costs a maximum of 3 dollars for a rat when its older and when its young it'll be 1.50 a week. They are cool and all but don't expect much action, these are ambush predators and sleep during the day... hehe

Balls ( short for ball python ) are very docile and stay small. The two snakes Skud has are also great beginner snakes except they get a bit bigger, balls stay around 4 feet while Skud's 6 - 8 and get a bitmore "gerthy" meaning they eat larger things too ;)

Apart from that you have to maintain a proper humidity level, depending on where you are really, which takes a few seconds out of your day to spray down with a squirt bottle and thats that!

Corn snakes are something else to look into, they have cool different patterns and mutations are much cheaper. They get the length of a ball however they don'tget as thick.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I am more than willing to steer you in the right direction.

There is a reptile expo happening this Sunday if anyone is interested ( NOT SPAMMING! ) in Brampton where you can go and see a tonne of vendors and animals. They have lizards, snakes, turtles, amphibians, tarantula's, educational stuff, etc. for 7 bucks for the day.

JPD thanks for sayin' I've got nice balls, I take great pride in them. Reminds me of that AC/DC song...

As for critter pictures, post 'em if you got 'em!

No no, not aggressive. Very well bahaved. Depends on what the dimensions of the 20 gallon are. What you are looking for in a setup is floor space... Each of my snakes is housed in a 24" x 24" x 12" space. Other people keep their snakes in 33" x 16" x 6" rubbermaid tubs all their life and the snakes thrive. So depends on what size your 20 gallon is it just might do, I think a 20 gallon long is bare minimum. A quick kijiji.com search and I'm sure you could find a larger setup for cheap.

i've had several ball pythons... 5 to be exact. 3 live with my ex. also had 3 corn snakes, 2 leapord geckos, 2 banded geckos, 4 beared dragons.

still have 3 dragons, and my baby still... i have a columbian boa named peanut :) and might get another boa off my ex soon.