Walleye and SMB

young_one

Been out Scugog a couple times in the past 2 weeks, starting to get better with ice fishing. Starting to catch good size crappie and oddly a lot of bass. :D

Main Question:

If I happen to catch SMB, (didnt even know Scugog had 3lb+ SMB) am I in the right area for walleye? I remember reading articles on how they prefer similar structures, does it apply in the winter?

Catching out of season bass is probably nothing to brag about, but try catch two 3lb Largie on a single tip-up with 2-hook pickeral rig. No picture for proof(O.O.S.), wow was it exciting trying to lip two bass through an 8" hole. :Gonefishing:

Thanks for all the help with my previous post on "Struggle with Scugog", as now I have a lot of confidence going out every time.

- Will

some times.. walleye and smallies will use the same habitat, depending on what is available. thats a shallow weedy lake, so its common to have them share areas. no different then fishing erie and catching smallies and walleyes on the same rock pile.

and, on a side note, dnt be scared to take a pic of any OOS fish. taking a quick pic, is not illegal. as long as it is quickly released after the pic. :)