quinte weekend

cityfisher

Spent Sat and Sunday Fishing Quinte. From Desaronto to Big bay,Tried multiple spots. MUltiple techniques.

First on the conditions, Iffy at best. Lots of open water and spots with Minimal ice, until we hit big bay we were drilling in 3-6 inches. A lot of it being crappy white ice. Buddies sled almost went down twice in slush holes that were actually open water. Luckily hes got a lot of power in his sled to Skip, skip over to Safe ice. After Saturdays close calls.

A couple of us walked out on Sunday, rest of them called it quits.

Now back to the fishing.

5 fish total for the weekend.4-5 guys fishing sat... 2 fish between 2-4 lbs.. 3-4 more lost on the way up / ripping off minnows. VERY HARD TO HOOK THESE THINGS ! lite bite and Hard mouths !

None of us ever fished quinte in the winter so we thought we did OK, not great but we had a good time!

Sunday was my day, no numbers but I did manage a nice 8lber in the morning and a great 10+(30x16.5 fatty) in the afternoon.

My buddy lost a few more on the way up.

Overall we had a great time and look forward to doing it again next season!!

img0336ca.jpg

img0352c.jpg

Thanks guys , quinte is the monster eye capital in my books !

It sure is...can't wait to go back!! Agreed on the hard to hook as well...went 2 for 4 and had four minnows ripped off during a stronger current period. Anybody that hasn't been, that wants to have a shot at large...make that LARGE walleyes...Quinte is the place to go!!