What a nice day

tjsa

Day started off bad, I slept in, bud was probably banging at my door for 15 min. or so, I never heard a thing. He went to pick up other bud, phone rings, OK, ya, I am now awake, give me 30 min :angry:

Off we go, and we go somewhere completely different. Totally away from the crowds/huts/usual haunts.

All we saw was this, lots of clear blue skies, no wind, picturesque places, and.................no one else !!!!!!!

IMG_1920-1.jpg

IMG_1923-1.jpg

The first place we tried, off of an island, got my one keeper there, bud got a small one(released), other bud got one about 13.5" Photo taken from a mile away.

IMG_1925-1.jpg

With the 2 keepers, and little else happening, out came the depth map, and........................lets go here!!!!!!!!

That was it, decision made, off we went. We were immediately into fish, but they were all small. Stayed there regardless, as there has to be some keepers there. But it was not to be. I landed 5 or 6 walleye under 13"(there is a minimum size on this lake, 13") and my bud must have landed 9 or 10 between 11-12". We did catch quite a few fish, just not of any size. My other bud did get one about 14" in this spot.

Pictures of the fish we kept.

for my team, 17 7/8"

IMG_1918-1.jpg

My bud's keeper, same size:

IMG_1930-1.jpg

My other bud's 2 fish, one 13.5", the other 14.5"

IMG_1931-2.jpg

One more scenery pic.

IMG_1927-1.jpg

Did I say blue sky earlier, yup. That was what we endured for the most during the day, the clouds didn`t start to show until 5 pm, which was when I took the last picture.

We did take a gamble, went somewhere where everyone else would not. It did not pay off big time in terms of keepers, but we did catch fish, and lost/missed hooking a bunch of fish. I had one on that I said to my bud to grab a camera, but, with a brief line strip off of my reel, then slack, ohhh well, who knows what that fish was.

Nice report Tom. I like the fact that you always go to lakes off the beaten path. There's so many choices up here.

Actually, we did not go off the beaten path, we were fishing Lac des Mille Lac, the go to lake up here, just in a completely different area from the masses. We saw 2 snowmobilers way off east of us, and heard a power auger once or twice today(other than ours). Other than that, it was a nice quiet, warm, stellar day of fishing.

Thanks Bernie.

LOL!!!! Gerritt, sometimes I feel that way myself.

Jaques, thanks. No real plan, just...............lets go here, and see what happens If we were 10 miles east on this lake, we would have been in the middle of multiple shacks and hoards of people. It was nice to be totally isolated.